Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread: Actuals - Terminator 29, Joker 13.5, Mal2 13.1, Harriet 11.7, Addams 8.3

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

That opening is just atrocious lol

Let's hope they finally realize people don't want to see that movies anymore, at least not for about 15-20 years.

I never understood why they don't give this a rest, 5-6 years of hiatus is far from enough to people forget how bad was the predecessors.

Also the entire promotional campaign for this movie was horrible, even if the movie end up being decent.

I'm worried about top gun 2 but I really want to see it. 

Jojo Rabbit performance is truly amazing, i wonder how high this could go

It will be with around $ 4.5m by sunday, with 256 theaters max

This could easily be at $ 17 - 20M before it really expands, and it also will have the Oscar buzz since it's probably getting nominated for best picture and adapted screenplay

Edited by ThomasNicole

From Deadline, Arnold and Cameron getting paid

I hear worldwide, global audiences are turning their noses ups: China’s box office, now at an estimated $19.4M is also underwhelming, expected to come in at $30M, well below the $40M-$50M many were expecting, with Disney/Fox hoping that they hit $40M from 36 territories. Japan is the only market left (Terminator: Genisys made $22M). Breakeven for Dark Fate lies around $470M+ according to finance sources, and that’s with lofty Cameron-Arnold Schwarzenegger participations in the 8%-9% range. Terminator likes his eyes, will likely see red.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

I'm worried about top gun 2 but I really want to see it. 

i think it won't flop

the original is well beloved and remembered, 34 years without other movie, and the trailer is pretty decent

if i remember well the trailer not only have a pretty good amount of views across platforms but also have a strong reception in general

Dark Fate is being mocked since the teaser

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

That opening is just atrocious lol

Let's hope they finally realize people don't want to see that movies anymore, at least not for about 15-20 years.

I never understood why they don't give this a rest, 5-6 years of hiatus is far from enough to people forget how bad was the predecessors.

Also the entire promotional campaign for this movie was horrible, even if the movie end up being decent.

I agree the marketing was ass. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

i think it won't flop

the original is well beloved and remembered, 34 years without other movie, and the trailer is pretty decent

if i remember well the trailer not only have a pretty good amount of views across platforms but also have a strong reception in general

Dark Fate is being mocked since the teaser

I agree this isn't fake concern. I legit hope Top Gun 2 goes nuts like Joker destroying all predictions. Just like Aladdin.

• Like 1

FWIW, my parents were both very excited when they heard they were gonna make a sequel to Top Gun. They were both just out of college when the first movie came out, so Maverick is basically their Jurassic World, and I think there's a lot of people like them. (though obviously it won't get anywhere close to Jurassic World lol)

• Like 2

Just now, John Marston said:

Don’t see how Dark Fate has bad marketing.  They various promotional partners. If anything they might have spent too much 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/how-dark-fate-markets-a-terminator-franchise-reset-1251181

It is bad marketing if they can't get audiences to care.

And I guess this Friday confirms it. Paramount's now the first studio to have all its films gross less than 100M domestically since 1995, also done by Paramount (yeah I know that Playing with Fire is next week, but...come on).

This might also happen to Fox, although Ford v Ferrari and maybe Spies in Disguise still have a decent chance. We're really living in a Haves/Have Nots world aren't we?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Joker is crumbling all the way to 325m, 1B WW and a profit equal or higher to Infinity War. What a failure!

Also dear God, Dark Fate will end up as flop of the year beating out Dark Phoenix. I can't believe that.

Yeah, no -  that's just Deadline being unable to math, use the correct %s  (even when they write articles about the correct ones) with some really iffy info/ideas about the ancillary market.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Yeah, no -  that's just Deadline being unable to math, use the correct %s  (even when they write articles about the correct ones) with some really iffy info/ideas about the ancillary market.

And also Deadline thinking that Joker would max at $900M. :sparta:

• Thanks 1