Jump to content
Dear Eric Hansen

Weekend Thread: Actuals - Terminator 29, Joker 13.5, Mal2 13.1, Harriet 11.7, Addams 8.3

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

That opening is just atrocious lol

 

Let's hope they finally realize people don't want to see that movies anymore, at least not for about 15-20 years.

 

I never understood why they don't give this a rest, 5-6 years of hiatus is far from enough to people forget how bad was the predecessors.

 

Also the entire promotional campaign for this movie was horrible, even if the movie end up being decent.

I'm worried about top gun 2 but I really want to see it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jojo Rabbit performance is truly amazing, i wonder how high this could go

 

It will be with around $ 4.5m by sunday, with 256 theaters max

 

This could easily be at $ 17 - 20M before it really expands, and it also will have the Oscar buzz since it's probably getting nominated for best picture and adapted screenplay

Edited by ThomasNicole
Link to post
Share on other sites

From Deadline, Arnold and Cameron getting paid

 

I hear worldwide, global audiences are turning their noses ups: China’s box office, now at an estimated $19.4M is also underwhelming, expected to come in at $30M, well below the $40M-$50M many were expecting, with Disney/Fox hoping that they hit $40M from 36 territories. Japan is the only market left (Terminator: Genisys made $22M). Breakeven for Dark Fate lies around $470M+ according to finance sources, and that’s with lofty Cameron-Arnold Schwarzenegger participations in the 8%-9% range. Terminator likes his eyes, will likely see red.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

I'm worried about top gun 2 but I really want to see it. 

i think it won't flop

 

the original is well beloved and remembered, 34 years without other movie, and the trailer is pretty decent

 

if i remember well the trailer not only have a pretty good amount of views across platforms but also have a strong reception in general

 

Dark Fate is being mocked since the teaser

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

That opening is just atrocious lol

 

Let's hope they finally realize people don't want to see that movies anymore, at least not for about 15-20 years.

 

I never understood why they don't give this a rest, 5-6 years of hiatus is far from enough to people forget how bad was the predecessors.

 

Also the entire promotional campaign for this movie was horrible, even if the movie end up being decent.

I agree the marketing was ass. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

i think it won't flop

 

the original is well beloved and remembered, 34 years without other movie, and the trailer is pretty decent

 

if i remember well the trailer not only have a pretty good amount of views across platforms but also have a strong reception in general

 

Dark Fate is being mocked since the teaser

I agree this isn't fake concern. I legit hope Top Gun 2 goes nuts like Joker destroying all predictions. Just like Aladdin.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW, my parents were both very excited when they heard they were gonna make a sequel to Top Gun. They were both just out of college when the first movie came out, so Maverick is basically their Jurassic World, and I think there's a lot of people like them. (though obviously it won't get anywhere close to Jurassic World lol)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

And I guess this Friday confirms it. Paramount's now the first studio to have all its films gross less than 100M domestically since 1995, also done by Paramount (yeah I know that Playing with Fire is next week, but...come on).

 

This might also happen to Fox, although Ford v Ferrari and maybe Spies in Disguise still have a decent chance. We're really living in a Haves/Have Nots world aren't we?

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Joker is crumbling all the way to 325m, 1B WW and a profit equal or higher to Infinity War. What a failure!

 

Also dear God, Dark Fate will end up as flop of the year beating out Dark Phoenix. I can't believe that.

Yeah, no -  that's just Deadline being unable to math, use the correct %s  (even when they write articles about the correct ones) with some really iffy info/ideas about the ancillary market.

 

Edited by TalismanRing
  • ...wtf 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Yeah, no -  that's just Deadline being unable to math, use the correct %s  (even when they write articles about the correct ones) with some really iffy info/ideas about the ancillary market.

 

And also Deadline thinking that Joker would max at $900M. :sparta:

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.