Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread: Actuals - Terminator 29, Joker 13.5, Mal2 13.1, Harriet 11.7, Addams 8.3

Par is lacking ideas. I mean, all studios want franchises and Par trashed all their potential franchises. But the biggest problem is Par is not taking chances on anything new. All they do is try to revive hits from their glory days. But people aren't buying it.

Edited by Alli

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

Par is lacking ideas. I mean, all studios want franchises and Par trashed all their potential franchises. But the biggest problem is Par is not taking chances on anything new. All they do is try to revive hits from their glory days. But people aren't buying it.

Gemini Man was their risk

• Sad 2

Paramount still in a rough slump. Probably the first major studio in a few years to not have a $100 million title. I think Sony in 2015 didn’t have any $100 million titles.

The problem with Terminator franchise is that it’s too tiresome anymore. Salvation and Genisys were the nails in the coffin. 

It’s crazy to believe that people thought Salvation was going to be a massive blockbuster back in 2009, and then it performed under Rise Of The Machines. 

9 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

It depends on if Halloween hurt it a little. And I suspect that it did. 

It didn't hurt the holdovers, even though you might argue, that wednesday was a bit deflated.

We'll have a better picture later tonight, but things are certainly not looking good at all for Paramount and the franchise. 

9 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Paramount still in a rough slump. Probably the first major studio in a few years to not have a $100 million title. I think Sony in 2015 didn’t have any $100 million titles.

The problem with Terminator franchise is that it’s too tiresome anymore. Salvation and Genisys were the nails in the coffin. 

It’s crazy to believe that people thought Salvation was going to be a massive blockbuster back in 2009, and then it performed under Rise Of The Machines. 

Does Fox have one this year? Though Ford v Ferrari should do about 100m

Edited by Ryan Reynolds

4 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Does Fox have one this year? Though Ford v Ferrari should about 100m

Ford V Ferrari should do it. Fox though is kind of with Disney now. But they’re dead in the water worse than Paramount is. 

Dark Phoenix, Kid Who Would Be King, Alita’s domestic side, and Stuber were all duds. However Ready Or Not, and Breakthrough were small hits for what they were. 

At least Paramount has had it some hits such as: Rocketman, Crawl, What Men Want, and Dora. Their bombs though were more costly though. Wonder Park, Gemini Man, and possibly now Terminator are all big budget duds. 

Its overindexing at AMC for sure looking at Previews. Let us see how the day goes.

For now AMC is at 48K tickets sold with almost 2/3 post 6PM while Cinemark is at 27K. Ratio is normal compared to how previews went. I think its playing better in NY region than in smaller towns. Let us see how the weekend goes. Anyway the project is bust as its more than just what the dom OW will be. As I said in the movie thread, it was ridiculous to give this 185m budget after last one failed to even gross 100m domestic !!!!

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Alli said:

Top Gun 2 next year will be hefty bomb for next year 

14 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

It didn't hurt the holdovers, even though you might argue, that wednesday was a bit deflated.

We'll have a better picture later tonight, but things are certainly not looking good at all for Paramount and the franchise. 

I'm not trying to argue that the film will be a hit. It is flopping overseas and it won't make back its 185mil budget in North America.

2 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Top Gun 2 next year will be hefty bomb for next year 

That will be an embarrassing bomb. Not only a money flop, but a creative one too. At least the new Terminator kinda saved face with the mediocre reviews.

Definitely not sure what to think about the Friday / weekend expectations particularly if as Keyser has implied that Terminator is over indexing for AMC and city areas. If Thursday had been past history normal for other films behavior then Id jump the higher weekend train for Terminator but the oddly large (especially for family films) Thursday makes me second guess myself 🤣

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

That will be an embarrassing bomb. Not only a money flop, but a creative one too. At least the new Terminator kinda saved face with the mediocre reviews.

I thought that the trailer looked surprisingly good and got a great reception. 
This might very well be the movie to put their faith on. 

I think it might work in a MI-Way.

Something has to work in that week summer of 2020, doesn't it?