Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread: Actuals - Terminator 29, Joker 13.5, Mal2 13.1, Harriet 11.7, Addams 8.3

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Just wondering about this - if they decide to make another Terminator movie 5 years down the line, will they use the “we are continuing from T2” thing that T3, Salvation, Genisys and Dark Fate have all used?

I'm thinking a TV show, using the “we are continuing from T2” thing that Sarah Connor Chronicles has used.

11 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

I'm thinking a TV show, using the “we are continuing from T2” thing that Sarah Connor Chronicles has used.

How about a tV show continuing from The Sarah Connor Chronicles?

... I mean, how expensive can all that deaging tech be, really :ph34r:

30 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Just wondering about this - if they decide to make another Terminator movie 5 years down the line, will they use the “we are continuing from T2” thing that T3, Salvation, Genisys and Dark Fate have all used?

there are as many terminator films as middle earth films and one more than potc and transformers (non-spin off).

potc, tf, middle earth films have done huge numbers in comparison (even tf5 crossed 600 ww, potc5 did nearly 800) and tough to think of a seventh terminator film (would leave it just one short of 8 hps) after the franchise track record. 

if it gets made i hope it's a mid budget fare like bumblebee. with web being a new story-telling medium don't know what they can justify to release the film theatrically apart from 'directed by james cameron'.

edit: f&f releases out-number most franchises except bond, but they have been doing big numbers especially china. even f5,6,7,8 doms have been north of 200.

Edited by a2k

9 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

So they're hiding Lighthouse's numbers or what. I'm waiting for a tragedy now.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/11/02/joker-is-about-to-reach-three-huge-box-office-milestones-passing-man-of-steel-passing-spider-man-3-and-topping-900-million/

At the end of the article its saying 1.83 for the weekend. I thought it would be higher than that with an expanded theatre count.

42 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Just saw DF and f*ck that shit...although Arnold was good...

I swear why can't they just give us a future warfare movie between humans and the AI. And no I dont mean like that "Salvation" crap. 

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Yikes, even at the top end, that’s less than half of the first film. 

Maleficent really haemorrhaged audience members. They can’t justify another sequel. 

Terminator got a few sequels. lol But Disney is not as stupid as Paramount

1 hour ago, a2k said:

Genisys did well with global theatrical returns btw,

237*0.40 + 105*0.25 + 90*0.55 = 171 (432 ww) on 155 reported prod budget

Obviously it didn't do well. People keep claiming Genisys did well but if it did why did they reboot again?

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Yikes, even at the top end, that’s less than half of the first film. 

Maleficent really haemorrhaged audience members. They can’t justify another sequel. 

Oh definitely, they would be crazy to do a 3rd. It's nothing flop spectacular like Dark Fate/Phoenix but the 3rd probably would be.

1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

Will Mal 2 even lose money after you factor in video and digital sales? Funny thing is even when Mal 2 and Dumbo lose money, it's still less expensive than Netflix spending $200 to make movies.

Well Maleficent 2 cost $185m and had a huge global marketing campaign on top of that. 

Netflix doesn’t have any marketing costs for 99% of their films. 

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh, but Terminator 2 was actually a hit 😂

Almost 30 years ago ... with 3 non starters in between

7 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Will Mal 2 even lose money after you factor in video and digital sales? Funny thing is even when Mal 2 and Dumbo lose money, it's still less expensive than Netflix spending $200 to make movies.

No.  Should probably make a profit.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

The big Netflix movie that opened this weekend is gonna be a huge Oscar player though, and it's tied with Parasite as the best reviewed film of the year.