Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread: Actuals - Terminator 29, Joker 13.5, Mal2 13.1, Harriet 11.7, Addams 8.3

31 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Terminator numbers are a bit disappointing, but I would wait to see how it holds next weekend before declaring it a total disappointment. Joker made just $234 million worldwide on its opening weekend, and it's now going to pass $1 billion. With similar legs Dark Fate could pass $500 million worldwide.

Image result for t-1000 finger gif

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Are there any rated R films in the pipeline that could challenge Joker? 

Outside an MCU R-rated affair (or any of the rumored r-rated DC release),

- An R-rated Matrix 4 if it happen

- Mel Gibson: The Passion of the Christ: Resurrection

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Outside an MCU R-rated affair (or any of the rumored r-rated DC release),

- An R-rated Matrix 4 if it happen

There is a Matrix 4 on the way (and will almost certainly be R-rated). Cast has been filling up so it's gonna be shooting next year.

• Like 2

Comparing Dark Fate to Joker is absurd. Joker had a stellar International opening and red hot word of mouth. Despite what Dark Fate fans keep saying there is absolutely no proof that the word-of-mouth for Dark Fate is anything special. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

That sunday drop of 31% from Saturday seem bit optimistic given the strength of thurs, fri and Sat.  

But I think 13.5 is a lock. That's on the higher outer range I had. Simply incredible. 330+ is a lock.

Just now, Valonqar said:

Yep and Jokah obviously crossed over to GA while DF is only playing to fans. 

So Charlie's Angels over/under DF? At least that one is cheap.

I can't see Charlie's Angels opening with more than high-teens at this point but with a budget that low it only needs to make $100M worldwide to be in the black (something Terminator has a very long way to go of achieving).

Those Dark Fate numbers are pretty similar to Ender's Game opening. If it follows that film's trajectory then:

Nov. 1-3: $29 mil

Nov. 8-10: $11.02 mil (-62%)

Nov. 15-17: $6.47 mil (-41.3%)

Nov. 22-24: $2.13 mil (-67.1%)

Nov. 29-Dec. 1: $1.31 mil (-38.6%)

Final Total: ~$65-67 mil

• Thanks 1

I get the feeling Doctor Sleep is going to be more of a domestic player than OS but I can't imagine the budget is that expensive so it'll be profitable. I think Mike Flanagan will get a chance to direct a tentpole for them in the future. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Terminator numbers are a bit disappointing, but I would wait to see how it holds next weekend before declaring it a total disappointment. Joker made just $234 million worldwide on its opening weekend, and it's now going to pass $1 billion. With similar legs Dark Fate could pass $500 million worldwide.

Image result for arnold laughing

• Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I get the feeling Doctor Sleep is going to be more of a domestic player than OS but I can't imagine the budget is that expensive so it'll be profitable. I think Mike Flanagan will get a chance to direct a tentpole for them in the future. 

I'm not sensing much in the way of buzz for Doctor Sleep tbh. Could see it land in the low-$20M range next weekend. Which would fine since I doubt it costs much but I imagine studio thought a sequel to The Shining would be a bigger deal than it's looking to be.

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm not sensing much in the way of buzz for Doctor Sleep tbh. Could see it land in the low-$20M range next weekend. Which would fine since I doubt it costs much but I imagine studio thought a sequel to The Shining would be a bigger deal than it's looking to be.

Much like Blade Runner 2049. I imagine for WB, it'll mean they can package it with The Shining and also have a future life on HBO Max.