TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

We're already getting 4 MCU movies in 2021, and with the reports circulating that this is slated for 2022, there's a decent chance we might get the same amount that year too (Black Panther 2 confirmed, Ant-Man 3 seemingly confirmed, Guardians 3 and Blade up in the air).

I'm just thrilled they're doing a third one, I figured the AM trilogy might not happen with the schedule so packed so I'm happy to see it's not being dropped. Before EG I wasn't sure what it could be about but after it I figure Cassie might get into the superhero game like people were speculating once the timeskip happened? Whatever it's about I just hope we have more Ghost, her powers were cool and her having worked for SHIELD was something that could definitely be explored, but idk how likely that is.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, gadd said:

We're already getting 4 MCU movies in 2021, and with the reports circulating that this is slated for 2022, there's a decent chance we might get the same amount that year too (Black Panther 2 confirmed, Ant-Man 3 seemingly confirmed, Guardians 3 and Blade up in the air).

We'll be getting 8-9 MCU projects every year from 2021 onwards if we count the Disney+ seasons

1 minute ago, TMP said:

We'll be getting 8-9 MCU projects every year from 2021 onwards if we count the Disney+ seasons

Guardians 3 is likely to be a 2023 release in all honesty, I can't see Gunn having it ready for release less than a year after The Suicide Squad comes out, no matter how "early" the latter is filming. Thus, 2022 will probably consist of Blade in February, Black Panther 2 in May and Ant-Man 3 in July, with at least one of the Disney+ series announced at D23 debuting. 

BP2 seemingly being positioned as Marvel's flagship title of that year makes me very pleased.

27 minutes ago, gadd said:

Guardians 3 is likely to be a 2023 release in all honesty, I can't see Gunn having it ready for release less than a year after The Suicide Squad comes out, no matter how "early" the latter is filming. Thus, 2022 will probably consist of Blade in February, Black Panther 2 in May and Ant-Man 3 in July, with at least one of the Disney+ series announced at D23 debuting. 

BP2 seemingly being positioned as Marvel's flagship title of that year makes me very pleased.

Fantastic Four could sneak in there as well. Maybe 2023, maybe 2022, but I'd be surprised if we had to wait until 2024 or later.

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

Fantastic news for box office studies! The Ant-Men movies have proven very useful, as an estimate of the MCU floor.

Sad but true. Let's see just how far that floor is raised by then. I'll say 800+   

Great news that this trilogy will be completed. Just give oodles of screentime to Cassie, Ghost, and Janet.       

I wonder if they title it "Ant-man, The Wasp, and Stature" or something.

2022 guess:  
Feb F4 

April BP2

July AM3

Nov Blade