TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

17 minutes ago, Menor said:

An MCU movie would have to be exceptionally bad to miss 400M. I mean really, truly putrid. Even in that case it would be dicey. 

The thing with MCU so far has been that they were making movies on fresh properties/characters. If decent, fans and public came in numbers to watch them.

F4 has a lot of stigma surrounding it and frankly is coming too soon after the last debacle. Unless it is truly exceptional, the casual fans & general public won't be coming in big numbers. Maybe the hardcore f4 fans will come, but they have some really unrealistic expectations. Everyone has an opinion about how it should be. Frankly, they hold this franchise at a very high pedestal, which in today's day and age is laughable. Many better things and characters have come since then.

I am not quite sure, marvel can take a property with so much stigma and turn it around into a 800+M WW hit. You don't magically go from 170+M WW to 800+M WW just because you are now part of Disney/MCU. And that's after assuming the movie is good.

At its peak, F4 did 330M. Best case scenario for this is 500-600M WW. 

Also, I am fully aware of spiderman films. With all the pre release exposure, buzz,  hype, mcu connection and great reviews, it did 15M less than spiderman3 2007. It would have easily done 1+B if public & fans weren't burnt after SM3, amazing spiderman 1&2. Those movies were miles better than F4 yet there was some stigma. F4 is in a much worse situation. 

Edited by marveldcfox

28 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

The thing with MCU so far has been that they were making movies on fresh properties/characters. If decent, fans and public came in numbers to watch them.

F4 has a lot of stigma surrounding it and frankly is coming too soon after the last debacle. Unless it is truly exceptional, the casual fans & general public won't be coming in big numbers. Maybe the hardcore f4 fans will come, but they have some really unrealistic expectations. Everyone has an opinion about how it should be. Frankly, they hold this franchise at a very high pedestal, which in today's day and age is laughable. Many better things and characters have come since then.

I am not quite sure, marvel can take a property with so much stigma and turn it around into a 800+M WW hit. You don't magically go from 170+M WW to 800+M WW just because you are now part of Disney/MCU. And that's after assuming the movie is good.

At its peak, F4 did 330M. Best case scenario for this is 500-600M WW. 

Also, I am fully aware of spiderman films. With all the pre release exposure, buzz,  hype, mcu connection and great reviews, it did 15M less than spiderman3 2007. It would have easily done 1+B if public & fans weren't burnt after SM3, amazing spiderman 1&2. Those movies were miles better than F4 yet there was some stigma. F4 is in a much worse situation. 

It'll have been 9 years. The MCU brand is much bigger than any stigma remaining after that long. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, Menor said:

It'll have been 9 years. The MCU brand is much bigger than any stigma remaining after that long. 

Plus let's be real most fans deny the existence of Fant4stic and most of the GA did not watch the movie. It won't have any affect on the MCU reboot. 

• Like 2

On 12/15/2020 at 1:28 AM, marveldcfox said:

Unless it is truly exceptional, the casual fans & general public won't be coming in big numbers.

There are at least 100mn MCU hardcore fans out there, so not a worry.

First F4 came when Superheroes were just USA and West thing. Who even know about F4 of 2015. You can make a case that F4 are very lesser known outside USA, so MCU will have to make a nothing property do well, which is what they have been doing so far. 

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 3

The older actors really seem convinced this is coming in 2022: https://www.instagram.com/p/CKT_DqeMobb/?utm_source=ig_embed   

That would make sense given the production start honestly. Maybe 2022 will be DS2, Thor4, BP2, AM&tW2, and CM2 with Blade waiting for 2023. Or maybe they’ll just shove 6 movies into 2022 🤣   

Former more likely imo.

1 hour ago, VenomXXR said:

Probably reading into this too much (I know he posted this on V-Day but adding the hashtag makes me curious) but could he be subtly hinting that this will be the February 2023 film?

Ehh, seems like a big stretch. I doubt the dates are even completely finalized. 

On 2/16/2021 at 8:44 PM, VenomXXR said:

Probably reading into this too much (I know he posted this on V-Day but adding the hashtag makes me curious) but could he be subtly hinting that this will be the February 2023 film?

What else could he be saying?  Of course that's what's being hinted.  Timing seems too tight for 2022.  V-day...2023.

Edited by Macleod

13 hours ago, Menor said:

Ehh, seems like a big stretch. I doubt the dates are even completely finalized. 

10 hours ago, Macleod said:

What else could be be saying?  Of course that's what's being hinted.  Timing seems too tight for 2022.  V-day...2023.

hey arnold nicksplat GIF

Just now, VenomXXR said:

hey arnold nicksplat GIF

I am just hearing a futuristic crimi where a murderer does bind males on a chair, and.... later kills husband and wife

A strange feeling in the brain to hear the coroner / cops description and seeing the funny version at the same time 🤪