Eric Duncan

House of Gucci | MGM | November 24, 2021 | Lady Gaga stars | Ridley Scott directs

So far reactions seem to be mixed or mixed-positive? Doesn't seem to be the disaster the world of reel bro has been hyping it up to be.

House of Gucci will be the Riddler tie breaker for me, but in which direction?

The Good:                                                       The Bad: (not all are necessarily bad but didn't do it for me)

The Duelists                                                Legend

Alien                                                             Black Rain

Bladerunner                                                 Someone to Watch Over Me

Thelma & Louise                                         1492: Conquest of Paradise

Gladiator                                                      White Squall

Black Hawk Down                                       GI Jane

Matchstick Men                                           Hannibal

Kingdom of Heaven                                    A Good Year

American Gangster                                     Body of Lies

Prometheus                                                 Robin Hood

The Martian                                                 Exodus: Gods and Kings

All The Money in the World                        The Counselor

The Last Duel                                              Alien: Covenant

House of Gucci????

Scott gets a lifetime pass for Alien and Blade Runner and I was one of the six people in the world who quite enjoyed Covenant but I don't think he's capable of making a 'normal' movie anymore (if indeed he ever was). Watching his films I always have the sensation I'm getting a glimpse of how an alien who's not 100% au fait with human behaviour would tell a story.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Napoleon said:

With all due respect to Clayton, but The Counselor comparison is just moronic, they have absolutely nothing in common, and The Counselor overall wasn't campy at all, quite the opposite. House Of Gucci is most likely All The Money In The World with accents.

1 hour ago, Firepower said:

With all due respect to Clayton, but The Counselor comparison is just moronic, they have absolutely nothing in common, and The Counselor overall wasn't campy at all, quite the opposite. House Of Gucci is most likely All The Money In The World with accents.

Forget it, Jack, it's Claytontown. He's a clickbait. he never makes any sense. People quote him for laughs. :lol:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Krissykins said:

These reactions only excite me more lol. 

I’m hoping for a bit of camp/messiness and I’m hoping Gaga has dialled it up to 1000, which it appears she has. 

If it's camp then it's true camp...it's unintentional camp, since Scott does not do over the top camp..at least not delibertly.

22 hours ago, grim22 said:

The most disappointing thing I've read is most reactions saying the movie isn't camp. How do you get that cast, the over the top costuming and the setting and not make this a camp classic?

Probably because Scover the top, Campy movies are not the kind that Scott is known to make.