Jump to content
Eric Riley

House of Gucci | MGM | November 24, 2021 | Lady Gaga stars | Ridley Scott directs

Recommended Posts

WE ARE IN THE WORSE TIMELINE!!!! i wish didn't know this cause i feel like the entire film just got ruined for me

how am i supposed to FOCUS now that I know it could've been the sexist man alive!! WHO WOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE TITLE cause he would've had a film to promote!!!!!! 

 

Sad Pikachu GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

 

Driver seems much better suited for the role


It doesn’t matter? what is that LOGIC? It was Chris Evans and Lady Gaga in a crazy ass super gay camp trash fest !!!!! 
 

image.gif
 

 

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Much better actor too


GIIIIIIIIIIIIRL  

 

captain america shut up GIF
 

 

(I am fine by the way. As my friend says, I just need to be dramatic about this first)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cap said:

WE ARE IN THE WORSE TIMELINE!!!! i wish didn't know this cause i feel like the entire film just got ruined for me

how am i supposed to FOCUS now that I know it could've been the sexist man alive!! WHO WOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE TITLE cause he would've had a film to promote!!!!!! 

 

Sad Pikachu GIF

Nothing will ever beat the bummer of him as Orin Scrivello falling through the cracks though. Curse you COVID!

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ridley Scott said "Scorsese didn't go far enough":

Quote

“Almost always, the best films are driven by the characters, and we’ll come to superheroes after this if you want, because I’ll crush it. I’ll fucking crush it. They’re fucking boring as shit .. Their scripts are not any fucking good … They’re superhero movies. So, why don’t the superhero movies have better stories? Sorry. I got off the rail, but I mean, c’mon. They’re mostly saved by special effects, and that’s becoming boring for everyone who works with special effects, if you’ve got the money.”

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

For anyone that hasn’t read it, deadline’s interview with Scott is tremendous. 
 

https://deadline.com/2021/11/ridley-scott-house-of-gucci-lady-gaga-adam-driver-the-last-duel-oscar-season-1234872529/

Ctrl-F "fuck": 1/38 results.😄

I love how Ridley is at the stage of his life where his just too old to give a shit, he's just saying what comes to mind with zero filter.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wildphantom said:

For anyone that hasn’t read it, deadline’s interview with Scott is tremendous. 
 

https://deadline.com/2021/11/ridley-scott-house-of-gucci-lady-gaga-adam-driver-the-last-duel-oscar-season-1234872529/

 

Its unfiltered glory.  Hes gonna get put in twitter jail for those superhero commits in a week when Gucci gets mixed reviews, but I'll bet he comes clawing back next year with Napoleon.   Filmmakers like Scorsese and Scott have earned the right to say whatever regarding the current state of cinema, both are heavily responsible for shaping specific genres... this isn't Guy Ritchie or Zack Snyder we're talking about.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

 

Its unfiltered glory.  Hes gonna get put in twitter jail for those superhero commits in a week when Gucci gets mixed reviews, but I'll bet he comes clawing back next year with Napoleon.   Filmmakers like Scorsese and Scott have earned the right to say whatever regarding the current state of cinema, both are heavily responsible for shaping specific genres... this isn't Guy Ritchie or Zack Snyder we're talking about.

Ritchie is good though and early Snyder.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone on Awards Watch and see Erick Anderson going on a tirade? He's blasting Gaga and her fans, adding that apparently all his critic friends hate the film and we should "prepare ourselves." 

 

I don't know if I buy all that. I don't think the reviews for this film will be impressive, but I can't it getting panned. I mean, David freakin' Ehrlich said he enjoyed the film. Isn't he a respected film critic? Idk. I have seen far more positive word of mouth from bloggers, critics and voters than negative reviews. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ConnorFilm said:

Anyone on Awards Watch and see Erick Anderson going on a tirade? He's blasting Gaga and her fans, adding that apparently all his critic friends hate the film and we should "prepare ourselves." 

 

I don't know if I buy all that. I don't think the reviews for this film will be impressive, but I can't it getting panned. I mean, David freakin' Ehrlich said he enjoyed the film. Isn't he a respected film critic? Idk. I have seen far more positive word of mouth from bloggers, critics and voters than negative reviews. 

Yeah, the reviews will probably be mixed, but a small number of critics really seems to want to tear this movie down. Gregory Ellwood even attacked some critics who liked the film.

Edited by Felipe
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ConnorFilm said:

Anyone on Awards Watch and see Erick Anderson going on a tirade? He's blasting Gaga and her fans, adding that apparently all his critic friends hate the film and we should "prepare ourselves." 

 

I don't know if I buy all that. I don't think the reviews for this film will be impressive, but I can't it getting panned. I mean, David freakin' Ehrlich said he enjoyed the film. Isn't he a respected film critic? Idk. I have seen far more positive word of mouth from bloggers, critics and voters than negative reviews. 

He said he like didn't the movie at all while not even mentioning Gaga in the initial tweet:

 

 

The replies to that are full of Little Monsters directing body-shaming, age bashing and homophobia Erik's way,  while posting supposed proof of his agenda of...being a Madonna fan who also liked KStew in Spencer. It's vile of them and totally embarrassing. Erik totally raved LG in A Star Is Born, by the way, the tweets are still there. Everyone's not going to like everything, and award prognosticators/culture writers have zero power to keep a movie on the scale of House of Gucci from the Oscar nominations it's going to get. See Green Book, Joker, The King's Speech, etc. People just need to chill.

 

The fringe element of the different actress/pop gurl fanbases are already doing the most this season and the Oscars aren't until late March. I'm sure there are media types operating in bad faith about HoG because they hate Gaga and/or for the Twitter engagement, and they'll keep doing it as long as the defensive fans keep responding to it.

 

BTW, if Gaga wins Best Actrress it would be an early present for her with the ceremony being on March 27, the day before her birthday.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ConnorFilm said:

Anyone on Awards Watch and see Erick Anderson going on a tirade? He's blasting Gaga and her fans, adding that apparently all his critic friends hate the film and we should "prepare ourselves." 

 

I don't know if I buy all that. I don't think the reviews for this film will be impressive, but I can't it getting panned. I mean, David freakin' Ehrlich said he enjoyed the film. Isn't he a respected film critic? Idk. I have seen far more positive word of mouth from bloggers, critics and voters than negative reviews. 

 

I think the gay Madonna fan critics like Erik are fully Team Kristen this year. They consume their camp through RuPaul but prefer their cinema to be understated, elegant. Queen of just staring coldly while she acts, Isabelle Huppert, is their idol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rewatching the always epic BLACK HAWK DOWN and reminded of how good Josh Hartnett and Eric Bana were and what missed potential their careers became. Watched GLADIATOR recently with the always awesome Russell Crowe and Joaquin Phoenix.

 

Come on Ridley, deliver. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.