Eric Duncan

House of Gucci | MGM | November 24, 2021 | Lady Gaga stars | Ridley Scott directs

2 minutes ago, Nikostar said:

With that 5.9 avg this will definitely go rotten on RT and yellow on Metacritic. Another this had Oscar buzz film for this year.

It has a stronger top critics score with 67% with 24 reviews, movies that tend to go rotten are already rotten with top critics at this point.

Consensus is up:

CRITICS CONSENSUS

House of Gucci vacillates between inspired camp and dour drama too often to pull off a confident runway strut, but Lady Gaga's note-perfect performance has a timeless style all its own. Read critic reviews

67% with 100 reviews. 68% top critics. 

• Like 4

Don't know why Scott decided to try to emulate Ryan Murphy. Feel like All the Money in the World was a more interesting and entertaining version of whatever this was trying to be. 

I do have to say though, last time I saw a screening at the cinema I saw this in so crowded was Shang-Chi. Thinking we'll see an overperformance with this this weekend.

• Like 2

This wasn’t good but the first act is strong with Driver and Gaga delivering star performances. Leto was embarrassing. Ugly movie overall with washed and muted colors, questionable handheld photography. And too damn long and narratively misshapen.

But theater was decent sized for a Tuesday night adult drama that’s over 150 minutes. About 30 people which is most for non MCU, etc and more than I had for Free Guy, Old and King Richard’s Friday matinee. When I saw Last Duel, there was less than a handful. It will probably overperform this week which is good for marketplace 

• Like 1