Eric Atreides

House of Gucci | MGM | November 24, 2021 | Lady Gaga stars | Ridley Scott directs

53 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I am not sure what everyone lauded Gaga's performance when I can only tell a solid acting from the trailer 

This may be shocking news for you...but it's often more accurate to judge an acting performance from the actual film itself instead of a trailer.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

As Ridley Scott refuses to understand, first impressions are often important to a films success.

The movie is selling and possibly will even over-perform this holiday week.  It might do just fine!  

I have to say, it's... quite something.
Each actor seems to have had different instructions about the genre of the film. I think the movie is really not to be seen too seriously and that it is a real "camp" movie but not sure that the general public can appreciate that (especially over 2H40).
I was really surprised by Gaga's performance, she reveals a comic power that is quite effective.  I almost want to see her in a pure comedy. 

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Like 2

On 11/24/2021 at 8:56 AM, Macleod said:

The movie is selling and possibly will even over-perform this holiday week.  It might do just fine!  

It seems on the road to doing better then King Richard, which I though was gong to be the big serious drama sucess of Thanksgiving  week. I guess audiences are just not in the mood for a "uplifing drama" which more or less whitewahses (nothing to do with race) someone whose questionable behavior is well known.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

It seems on the road to doing better then King Richard, which I though was gong to be the big serious drama sucess of Thanksgiving  week. I guess audiences are just not in the mood for a "uplifing drama" which more or less whitewahses (nothing to do with race) someone whose questionable behavior is well known.

Isn’t that on HBO max though