Eric Duncan

House of Gucci | MGM | November 24, 2021 | Lady Gaga stars | Ridley Scott directs

Gaga deserved the Oscar for this movie. In A Star Is Born all I could see was Gaga the pop star, but in House Of Gucci I was completely immersed in the story, she was unrecognizable to me. Leto also deserved a nomination. Between this and JLo getting snubbed for Hustlers I demand more LGBTQ representation at the Academy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Gaga deserved the Oscar for this movie. In A Star Is Born all I could see was Gaga the pop star, but in House Of Gucci I was completely immersed in the story, she was unrecognizable to me. Leto also deserved a nomination. Between this and JLo getting snubbed for Hustlers I demand more LGBTQ representation at the Academy.

She got snubbed because MGM was campaigning 3 actresses - Gaga, Alana and Jen - and they all missed. If the studio focused on the most likely (Gaga), she would have gotten in. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

She got snubbed because MGM was campaigning 3 actresses - Gaga, Alana and Jen - and they all missed. If the studio focused on the most likely (Gaga), she would have gotten in. 

The Academy didn't care for House of Gucci overall, it only got in for makeup. Whatever anyone thinks Leto's performance, the makeup made him look unrecognizable and AMPAS does go for that with movies even less in the Oscar wheelhouse than HoG.

Anyway, how much did she really need MGM? She was doing the most on her own...

Even by "actor on the Oscar trail" standards and her own antics three years ago, she was a lot this season. I honestly think she would have gotten in at the Oscars if she'd calmed down some and acted like she'd been there before.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl