Jamiem

Frozen II 971m OS 1.44B WW

14 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I personally don't understand the success of Minions, they're ugly and their humor is really, really too dumb even for kids.

Scrat from Ice Age on the other hand is just adorable and can be loved by people of all ages. 

That's your opinion and it's fine. I was just seeing it more objectively. Minions are waaay more popular, so it's understandable when the movie about them was huge. Meanwhile, Scrat (I even barely remember his name) doesn't have the same impact or popularity. Or maybe he did back then? I can't remember.

20 minutes ago, catlover said:

That's your opinion and it's fine. I was just seeing it more objectively. Minions are waaay more popular, so it's understandable when the movie about them was huge. Meanwhile, Scrat (I even barely remember his name) doesn't have the same impact or popularity. Or maybe he did back then? I can't remember.

He was, at least in Europe and Latin America. 

• Like 1

"The first day in France set a new Disney Animation record with $2.6M, while Germany posted the 3rd highest animated opening day of all time at $1.9M. Both markets are currently at $3M."

So Deadline wants to tell me that F2 did $0,4M on Thursday in France, down 85% from OD? :thinking:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Aristis said:

"The first day in France set a new Disney Animation record with $2.6M, while Germany posted the 3rd highest animated opening day of all time at $1.9M. Both markets are currently at $3M."

So Deadline wants to tell me that F2 did $0,4M on Thursday in France, down 85% from OD? :thinking:

There is no way to know any actual numbers right like Paris thursday. Otherwise we have to wait until sunday.

• Like 1

"Frozen 2 opened at #1 in all markets and posted the highest animated opening day of all-time in Korea, Indonesia, Turkey, Philippines, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia and UAE."

Nice! Also, it could break Saturday/single day record in Japan.

Edited by catlover
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1