Jamiem

Frozen II 971m OS 1.44B WW

It has already been mentioned but Chile moved again to November 28th. The release date is awkward, for a number of reason (social situation remains explosive, the date is bad in general) but I suspect it has to do more with the movie chains than with Disney, they need to inject some life to the BO given than the last month must be a record low in decades. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

25 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

361,818 admissions on day 1 in France For Frozen II

4th biggest start Of the Year 

AEG - 692,142

TLK - 630,478

FFH - 453,503

Frozen II - 361,818

I expected it more for Frozen 2 but it's a family movie, even more than TLK. 

The weekend will be good for it. 

5 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Cine-directors is predicting 1.8m admits for opening week. But it could go up from that number. They are generally conservative. I wonder what @Parasite thinks.

Their prediction was based on Paris-Périphérie 14h only.

OD is 361 818. If it follows  Frozen, it gets to 1.95 M OWeek (removing previews from Frozen I's OW). II had a fairly frontloaded  ps to OD multi, and it's a sequel, so their prediction makes sense. WOM also seems average. TLK gives it 1,85M, but F2 is skewing younger.

However, Frozen OD/OWeek multi was also a lot unexpectedly low, which was compensated by legs.

There's no really good comp, since Disney Christmas films generally have at least two weeks of limited release, so their OD and OWeeks are deflated. Half of OD for animated films is often previews while Frozen II had close to no previews.

So maybe around 1.9-2M OWeek.

Edited by Parasite
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Parasite said:

OD is 361 818. If it follows  Frozen, it gets to 1.95 M OWeek (removing previews from Frozen I's OW). II had a fairly frontloaded  ps to OD multi, and it's a sequel, so their prediction makes sense. WOM also seems average. TLK gives it 1,85M, but F2 is skewing younger.

However, Frozen OD/OWeek multi was also a lot unexpectedly low, which was compensated by legs.

There's no really good comp, since Disney Christmas films generally have at least two weeks of limited release, so their OD and OWeeks are deflated. Half of OD for animated films is often previews while Frozen II had close to no previews.

1.9 to 2M ad can be roughly translated into how much money? 

27 minutes ago, Parasite said:

It won't have the legs of the first one due to being a sequel, weaker WOM and F1 opening two weeks closer to christmas, but passing F1 is very very likely (like 90% chance).

I don't see any proof of 'weaker WOM' as you like to repeat it. 

That's not what I see and it's too early for saying something like that. 

2 hours ago, Parasite said:

What was the school holiday situation for TLK vs now?