Jamiem

Frozen II 971m OS 1.44B WW

3 hours ago, catlover said:

Of course the higher the better. But what I was trying to say is, at this point, Frozen 2's performance OS is already impressive, whatever number it's gonna end up with. You don't need to make it sound disappointing if it doesn't reach $950m OS.

For me F2 falls in the GOTG2 camp. They are both solid increases over their lightning in a bottle prequel. Both very impressive but also not increasing as much I thought they would 6 months before release. That said Frozen start from a much higher base level of course + Japan wasn't going to repeat!

2 hours ago, PKMLover said:

Ok, so it will never hit $100M in Disney report. No more reason for me to look forward to its run in SK as much as before....

Why are you taking everything negatively? And then the overreacting. Oh it's $93m in SK instead of $95m. It's over. Oh it's gonna be $930m OS instead of $950m. Not impressive. I'm starting to think you're just trolling.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, pepsa said:

For me F2 falls in the GOTG2 camp. They are both solid increases over their lightning in a bottle prequel. Both very impressive but also not increasing as much I thought they would 6 months before release. That said Frozen start from a much higher base level of course + Japan wasn't going to repeat!

GOtG1 was excellent DOM but nothing special OS. I think the sequel had a lot more room to grow, and was kind of a disappointment for MCU sequels (though in retrospect, the fact they hadn’t had any kind of connection to Avengers yet changes the game there).    

F2 I would have loved a billion, but getting closer to 1B than the original is still quite the crazy performance when you think about it. If DOM can’t beat Dory then that will be the disappointing region for me.

22 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Its performance OS is actually in line with my expectation. I always knew it's gonna lose at least $100m in Japan. I mean it's almost impossible to match F1's number there for any movie. It has to be a rare phenomenon with extraordinary legs. And I wasn't sure the increase in other countries would be enough to cover that. Turns out, it's more than enough. Now DOM, is the one that I think falls in the GOTG2 category. I thought it could reach $500m. But hey, $470-480m is still good for me.

Edited by catlover
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

GOtG1 was excellent DOM but nothing special OS. I think the sequel had a lot more room to grow, and was kind of a disappointment for MCU sequels (though in retrospect, the fact they hadn’t had any kind of connection to Avengers yet changes the game there).    

F2 I would have loved a billion, but getting closer to 1B than the original is still quite the crazy performance when you think about it. If DOM can’t beat Dory then that will be the disappointing region for me.

I agree still I thought LA and Asia would have increased more and Japan more in the $150m - $160m region.  But like I said topping the first one in and of it self is not an easy task and for that it's crazy good already.

7 minutes ago, StarWarsMemer said:

2nd biggest opening in Sweden and biggest opening in Denmark and Norway according to BOM. 

They probably have some 3-day vs 5-day confusion, because they’re showing TFA at like 66% of TLJ and I’m 99% sure it’s more like 110%.

Alltime Worldwide

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Black Panther

Harry Potter 8

Star Wars: Episode VIII

Jurassic World 2

Frozen

Beauty and the Beast

Incredibles 2

The Fate of the Furious

Frozen 2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

No, whatever Disney says is official. Not guaranteed to match local sources due to small differences in application of ER.

Korea so far is lc 110.75 Billion. ER in release time was 1180 while 1150 now. Koreanfilm website adjust to current local currency.

Correct total shall be $94.2mn.

Edited by Jedi Jat
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

Korea so far is lc 110.75 Billion. ER in release time was 1180 while 1150 now. Koreanfilm website adjust to current local currency.

Correct total shall be $94.7mn.

Do you think Disney will correct it? Has it happened before that they corrected the number they had reported? 

Edited by PKMLover

On 12/27/2019 at 11:25 PM, KP1025 said:

That's incredible. I guess Frozen being Nordic-inspired is helping it resonate there. 

Not to mention The Snow Queen is a Danish fairy tale (even if it's only loosely based on it)

Not surprised at it absolutely smashing in Scandinavia

3 minutes ago, OffTheHizzle said:

Is this a reliable source for Chinese box office numbers?  After this weekend it shows Frozen 2 total at $119.43M.

http://english.entgroup.cn/boxoffice/cn/daily/?date=12 /29 /2019

Same problem as Kobis. They adjust the local currency to current exchange rate which are stronger than they were in Nov 2019.

• Thanks 1