Jamiem

Frozen II 971m OS 1.44B WW

Not counting the lion king remake, do you guys see any potential animated movie to pass frozen 2 at the box office? I can only see a zootopia sequel doing it. I cant think of another, cause i guess minions have caused fatigue worldwide. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Frozen 3 or Incredibles 3 seem like the most obvious candidates to me.

Frozen 3 should have a better release date, especially if Disney wants the movie to be released at the same time worldwide. incredibles 3, I guess will not make 600 in the USA, probably 500, but it will increase

overseas. 
the reason i think zootopia, bc the first ine made so much money in china. 
Obvs this is too early to predict

1 hour ago, Mau said:

Not counting the lion king remake, do you guys see any potential animated movie to pass frozen 2 at the box office? I can only see a zootopia sequel doing it. I cant think of another, cause i guess minions have caused fatigue worldwide. 

I think..

Pixar's: too weak overseas.

Minions/DM: too weak domestically and maybe have passed away.

Frozen 3: if happens, if sounds good, if it's still a merchandise monster.

Zootopia: wait, Zootopia who? LOL.

But could happens with..

Something of strong Asia-oriented (or totally Chinese) new brand helped by good exchange rates.

A Disney Princess crossover/reunion in Avengers or Arrowverse style (see Ralph 2).

18 minutes ago, edroger3 said:

I think..

But could happens with..

Something of strong Asia-oriented (or totally Chinese) new brand helped by good exchange rates.

A Disney Princess crossover/reunion in Avengers or Arrowverse style (see Ralph 2).

Does anyone know why pixar performs so bad overseas? only domestic and in Mexico seems to perform well.

Yes maybe an original animated chinese film could make 1.5 Billion alone in ten years.

Edited by Mau

31 minutes ago, edroger3 said:

I think..

But could happens with..

zootopia made 1060 billion and without china it made 880 million dollars, or around that just saying

16 minutes ago, Mau said:

Does anyone know why pixar performs so bad overseas? only domestic and in Mexico seems to perform well.

Yes maybe an original animated chinese film could make 1.5 Billion alone in ten years.

pixar os is just fina, animation other than some cases, is not very very strong os , pixar the most recent ones ex ts4 made around 450 os, thats very good, only comicbook movies and these big blockbuster movie make 600-700 os , that number is not the normal for most movies

10 minutes ago, john2000 said:

zootopia made 1060 billion and without china it made 880 million dollars, or around that just saying

DOMESTIC (33.3%)
$341,268,248
INTERNATIONAL (66.7%)
$682,515,947
WORLDWIDE
$1,023,784,195
China $236,086,416
Os-China $446.000.000 (F1 830 - F2 850)

37 minutes ago, Mau said:

Pixar being weak overseas is mostly a false myth. Incredibles 2 and TS4 both did well over 600M overseas with awful exchange rates, and both Coco and Inside Out did just great considering they're original.

That said, there is no Pixar movie among the top 7 animated movie of all time overseas.

Top 10

Frozen 2 > 975M

Frozen > 880M

Minions > 823M

DM3 > 770M

Ice Age 4 > 716M

Ice Age 3 > 690M

Zootopia > 683M

TS3 > 654M

TS4 > 639M

I2 > 634M

A few relevant facts:

* 6 of those 7 movies at the top belong to only 3 franchises and 6 of them are sequels

* When TS3 was released, it was the #2 all-time os grosser just behind IA3

* Pixar gets pretty much ignored in China, which is something a little troubling nowadays; just switch the China gross of DM3 and TS4, and the latter is on par if not higher than the former

* Pixar's sequels are not confirmed the week after the last chapter of the franchise comes out, but they get into production years later - with obvious consequences on both quality and quick box office revenues (much easier to beat the iron while it's hot)

* Pixar often makes films that clearly are not meant to get a sequel, while Blue Sky and Illumination do the exact opposite (and we all know that you usually needs the third sequel of a beloved franchise if you want to go really really high)

* Pixar is extremely consistent, and does not fully rely on a single franchise to top the chart (take IA out of Blue Sky and you get nothing; take the Minions out of Illumination and you don't have much left)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1