Jamiem

Frozen II 971m OS 1.44B WW

DEADLINE
Also in China, and as noted yesterday, Anna and Elsa set a new record for a Disney Animation/Pixar opening day (Friday). The same record has been achieved in Poland while Friday was the top Disney Animation opening day ever in the UK and Mexico (at $3.9M and $2.1M, respectively, per our sources). That Mexico bow is an incredible 152% ahead of the original film.

Elsewhere, the ladies captured the No. 2 best animated opening day for a western film in Japanbehind only Toy Story 4. We understand F2skated to a $3M Friday bow in this key, slow-burn market which was the top-grossing hub on the original. 

Frozen 2 also shoveled up the 2nd best Disney Animation/Pixar opening day ever in Spain, India and Vietnam.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

TLK is safe, yes.

But becoming the 2nd animated movie to have 1B OS already happy and proud 

I (and Disney too) have to point that TLK 2019 isn't listed among animated movies but as "live action remake" or

Spoiler

"silly and unflavourable mix of cgi and live scenes"

Edited by edroger3

3 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

MY figures are $8.96 M ... but jat saying it is $9.05 M on Sat .. so wait for actual update tomorrow night 

Japan makes me anxious, the first one was so huge that I expect a big decline but I'd love to be wrong. 

Is there any possible comparisons for now? 

9 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Japan makes me anxious, the first one was so huge that I expect a big decline but I'd love to be wrong. 

Is there any possible comparisons for now? 

Opening was expected ..  Saturday PS of F2 was 170K 93% bigger than TS4 (88K) .. 

i dont have comps ..

Edit :- 

Corpse says

Now... I really don't think any of these are good comparisons. Weathering With You opened at the start of summer vacation, so it's natural for its Friday to be the biggest here (its opening weekend actually came in the lowest). You could argue that Toy Story 4 had a slightly deflated Friday because it opened on a long 4-day holiday weekend, where business is spread out (its opening weekend was boosted by the holiday Monday driving Sunday business).

The best comparison is probably Detective Conan. It didn't open on any sort of holiday or break period, making its opening weekend scenario the most similar to Frozen II. However, Detective Conan is a fan-driven franchise (is broadened its reach in recent years, but still fan-driven), so comparing them much further probably won't be accurate.

Edited by Sunny Max
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

My numbers are comes directly from Japanese magazine through my friend .. Even Corpse said Sat will be 3X of Fri 

6 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

Opening was expected ..  Saturday PS of F2 was 170K 93% bigger than TS4 (88K) .. 

i dont have comps ..

Edit :- 

Corpse says

Now... I really don't think any of these are good comparisons. Weathering With You opened at the start of summer vacation, so it's natural for its Friday to be the biggest here (its opening weekend actually came in the lowest). You could argue that Toy Story 4 had a slightly deflated Friday because it opened on a long 4-day holiday weekend, where business is spread out (its opening weekend was boosted by the holiday Monday driving Sunday business).

The best comparison is probably Detective Conan. It didn't open on any sort of holiday or break period, making its opening weekend scenario the most similar to Frozen II. However, Detective Conan is a fan-driven franchise (is broadened its reach in recent years, but still fan-driven), so comparing them much further probably won't be accurate.

It feels promising 😊

• Like 1