Jamiem

Frozen II 971m OS 1.44B WW

2 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Japan makes me anxious, the first one was so huge that I expect a big decline but I'd love to be wrong. 

Is there any possible comparisons for now? 

I think Japan will love that this one is more mythology driven. I think asia will respond to it very well.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

In that case Frozen 2 didn't just beat Ice Age 4, it eviscerated it!

:D  yeah .. & that too with tough competition 

local film " Recep Ivedik 6 " running riot with 1175 screens across Turkey 

Frozen II has only 337 screens ..

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Sunny Max said:

My numbers are comes directly from Japanese magazine through my friend .. Even Corpse said Sat will be 3X of Fri 

No, Corpse said ~3x, which means as high as 3x. It could be 2.7 or 2.8. You also had Friday higher than the reported number ($3m). $8.96m Sat means ¥973m. With estimated 650K on Sat, the ATP would be around ¥1500. That seems waaay too high. TS4 was around ¥1300.

Or did you mean ¥896m? Because that makes more sense. I don't know, maybe you're right. But it feels like I'm missing something here.

Edited by catlover
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, catlover said:

No, Corpse said ~3x, which means as high as 3x. It could be 2.7 or 2.8. You also had Friday higher than the reported number ($3m). $8.96m Sat means ¥973m. With estimated 650K on Sat, the ATP would be around ¥1500. That seems waaay too high. TS4 was around ¥1300.

Or did you mean ¥896m? Because that makes more sense. I don't know, maybe you're right. But it feels like I'm missing something here.

this is Sunny's source

9 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

is there something wrong in his collection ,.. updated Sat is $9.05 M according to him (same as yours) .. i had brief discussion with him he says he gets box office figures through Japanese Magazine .. 

His figures for other country are pretty accurate and reliable tho. But I don't know about the Japan one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, catlover said:

Corpse :-

Just to show how much of a backloaded market Japan truly is, and how audiences (fans or not), are in no rush to see a film ASAP (they are willing to wait weeks or months), Frozen II just set the perfect example of this:

Its Saturday pre-sales (just the pre-sales) were greater than its entire Friday by 55-60%.

It probably wasn't quite that high, more like ¥325 million ($3.0 million) I'd say.

Saturday is going to be ~3x as much.

Overall, it'll have sold around 650,000 for the day.

I'll be away a bit this afternoon (seeing Frozen II, interestingly enough), but I'll have the Saturday results and chart updates posted afterwards.

Edited by Sunny Max

1 hour ago, Sunny Max said:

is there something wrong in his collection ,.. updated Sat is $9.05 M according to him (same as yours) .. i had brief discussion with him he says he gets box office figures through Japanese Magazine .. 

Naa. I am just telling that Sunny got that number from that guy.

• Like 1

Corpse on Japan:

The Sunday record is also going to fall, and this record will almost definitely be a new all-time record, both for a Sunday and likely overall single-day. Its Sunday is currently up 5% compared to Saturday.

So on pace for biggest OW ever in Japan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

Now I'm excited 🇯🇵😎

The Sunday record is also going to fall, and this record will almost definitely be a new all-time record, both for a Sunday and likely overall single-day. Its Sunday is currently up 5% compared to Saturday.

The only way it's not a new record is if a few select film's released in the early/mid-2000s (namely The Matrix Reloaded and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets) randomly had their previews added onto an individual day, which wasn't ever a recorded practice; previews were simply tacked onto the opening weekend itself.

And there's no doubt that Frozen II will achieve the biggest Sunday ever when previews are taken out of the question.
  • Like 2