Jamiem

Frozen II 971m OS 1.44B WW

14 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

XR cratered in mexico as well. its doing much better in Peso and probably the biggest Disney(non pixar) animation release.

Impressive in peso :o

Really a shame for the ER, Mexico held on pretty well so far compared to Brazil so it's sad it's no longer that strong.

2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Impressive in peso :o

Really a shame for the ER, Mexico held on pretty well so far compared to Brazil so it's sad it's no longer that strong.

Brazil XR has tanked as well but the market has grown huge as well. Just today Trump announced tariff for Argentina/Brazil for devaluing their currencies and so impact to F2 in USD would be big. Question is how much the market can expand. Can Brazil do like 3x in REAL and so that it goes up from F1 despite XR. Argentina is Animation friendly(TS4 comfortably beat Endgame). So there is potential for huge growth.

My prediction for frozen 2 is : $495M domestic with holidays coming in 3 weeks (between finding dory and beauty and the best)

And overseas I predict : $115M in china, $175M in Japan, $95M in South Korea, $30M in australia, $5M in New Zealand, $40M in Russia, $70M in rest of Asia, $350M in Europe and $90M in Latin America = around $1055M overseas

So a box office of around $1550M worldwide ...

Are you agree with my prediction ? if it's not explain me why and make your own prediction 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

Which one had the strongest performance: Australia or New Zealand?

Relative to their size and own records of course.

Australia is more of a film watching nation, they have roughly 5 times as many people as New Zealand but films generally earn well over 5 times their New Zealand performance in Australia. 

In terms of specifically Frozen II it’s not even close for the opening weekend, it performed roughly in line for Australia ($9.7m AUD) and in my opinion underperformed in New Zealand ($1.59m NZD) which for reference is about in line with opening of Hobbs and Shaw which isn’t a great start in NZ. Compare that to The Lion King (2019) which opened at $20.5m AUD in Australia and $5.11m NZD in New Zealand and it’s much more in lines with what is normal between the two countries, probably a slight NZ over performance. 

Hopefully Frozen II holds well in both countries and makes a Bunche of money through the holiday season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jamiem said:

Australia is more of a film watching nation, they have roughly 5 times as many people as New Zealand but films generally earn well over 5 times their New Zealand performance in Australia. 

In terms of specifically Frozen II it’s not even close for the opening weekend, it performed roughly in line for Australia ($9.7m AUD) and in my opinion underperformed in New Zealand ($1.59m NZD) which for reference is about in line with opening of Hobbs and Shaw which isn’t a great start in NZ. Compare that to The Lion King (2019) which opened at $20.5m AUD in Australia and $5.11m NZD in New Zealand and it’s much more in lines with what is normal between the two countries, probably a slight NZ over performance. 

Hopefully Frozen II holds well in both countries and makes a Bunche of money through the holiday season. 

I see, that's interesting as I expected NZ to be very similar to Australia when it comes to the movie market, I wonder why there's less interest as a whole...

And by the way, do you get specific dubs for your market or do you get Australian English dubs?

4 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I see, that's interesting as I expected NZ to be very similar to Australia when it comes to the movie market, I wonder why there's less interest as a whole...

And by the way, do you get specific dubs for your market or do you get Australian English dubs?

We just get the US version in both countries for animated films. Occasionally there are small differences like the Koala news actor in Zootopia was a Australia/New Zealand exclusive, but that is very rare. Another notable exception is Moana was bought back to theatres in New Zealand after its original release and shown in Maori (Our native language that is spoken by a small amount of the country but English is still the most widely spoken) that was awesome and something that hasn’t happened much even with local films as most of the time they are bilingual and feature Maori and English, very rare for a solely Maori film in theatres The Dead Lands is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. 

As for what happened I’m not sure but hopefully it is leggy over summer, young children are still in school for the moment but the summer holidays is coming up soon and that will mean they have nearly two months off school. 

• Thanks 1