Jamiem

Frozen II 971m OS 1.44B WW

I liked moana, but i feel moana has just two memorable songs: How far ill go and you’re welcome, whereas frozen has: let it go, love is an open door, for the first time in forever and do you want to build a snowman

• Like 1

As I have said many times: we are talking about boxoffice, so about money. Frozen merchandise, since 2014, is making more money than any other cinematic brands, so the "brand" is pumped (marketed) in all ways and places on earth. Regardless of the quality of the film itself or the soundtrack. Make a reason for it.

Spoiler

Vatican City, The Pope and a girl blue dressed with long blonde hair appear on the balcony in St. Peter's square. A little girl ask to her mum: "who is the man near Elsa?"

• Haha 9

38 minutes ago, OffTheHizzle said:

Pretty impressive that Frozen has been the top trending movie on Disney+ since its' launch on November 12th, especially since so many people already owned the movie on video/blu-ray/dvd.

Screen-Shot-2020-01-04-at-2-54-16-PM.png

When Frozen 2 comes to Disney+ it's gonna be pretty big for Disney :)

I could see the streaming service making the brand even more popular and helping Frozen 3 :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Menor said:

I prefer Frozen to Moana. Moana is a very good movie but pretty standard hero's journey while Frozen had some nice trope subversions.

Both were simplistic. I liked both for very different reasons.

Moana deserves a sequel too, should get it eventually. 

I loved rewatching Frozen (see it a dozen times) but when I watched it after the sequel I wasn't as impressed. Regardless no one can deny the universal love for it. Especially Japan. Outrageous there.

Edited by cdsacken

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5