Jump to content
Jamiem

Frozen II 971m OS 1.44B WW

Recommended Posts

Not quite the same thing, but WW peak rank of new animated record holders:

1992 Aladdin 8th

1994 TLK 2nd (!!!)

2003 Nemo 9th  

2004 Shrek 2 6th

2010 TS3 4th/5th (sources differ)

2013 F1 5th

2019 F2 10th   
 

This is a bit like Nemo setting anew animated record with 9th overall after TLK hit 2nd overall 9 years before. While it will likely be the lowest WW rank for a new animated record holder, hardly by a historically remarkable margin. I see no particular reason to believe that animation won’t at least crack the top 6 again sometime in the 2020s.

Edited by Arendelle Legion
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Not quite the same thing, but WW peak rank of new animated record holders:

1992 Aladdin 8th

1994 TLK 2nd (!!!)

2003 Nemo 9th  

2004 Shrek 2 6th

2010 TS3 4th/5th (sources differ)

2013 F1 5th

2019 F2 10th   
 

This is a bit like Nemo setting anew animated record with 9th overall after TLK hit 2nd overall 9 years before. While it will likely be the lowest WW rank for a new animated record holder, hardly by a historically remarkable margin. I see no particular reason to believe that animation won’t at least crack the top 6 again sometime in the 2020s.

Is there any big animated movie in 2020? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Arendelle Legion said:

If I had to pick one of those for a China breakout, it definitely wouldn't be Onward.

 

Highest China gross will probably go to Minions 2, unless Raya strikes a chord culturally. It will be interesting to see if DM3's breakout was a one-off performance due to specific factors (massive marketing push, the lone Hollywood film in summer blackout, non-existent family competition, etc), or if the franchise is actually retaining its popularity there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Frozen 2 become the highest grossing animated film in Belgium,and top 2 animatied film of all time in EMEA,after only Ice age3,EMEA total gross higher than Minions,Ice gae 4,Nemo

Edited by Steven
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Steven said:

Frozen 2 become the highest grossing animated film in Belgium,and top 2 animatied film of all time in entire EMEA,after only Ice age3,EMEA total gross higher than Minions,Ice gae 4,Nemo

EMEA = Europe??

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Steven said:

Frozen 2 become the highest grossing animated film in Belgium,and top 2 animatied film of all time in EMEA,after only Ice age3,EMEA total gross higher than Minions,Ice gae 4,Nemo

How close is it to IA3? Any chance to pass?

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Steven said:

Frozen 2 become the highest grossing animated film in Belgium,and top 2 animatied film of all time in EMEA,after only Ice age3,EMEA total gross higher than Minions,Ice gae 4,Nemo

Pretty sure EMEA would be biggest in local currency.

 

Checked IM3 was beast in Europe. ER and 3D would be another factor. Would be $450mn EMEA easily.

http://lumiere.obs.coe.int/web/film_info/?id=32188

Edited by Jedi Jat
  • ...wtf 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mau said:

Why is it lower than frozen 1 in italy? Is it bc of the stiff competition?

Apparently, November is not a great release date for an animated film in Italy (the first Frozen released before Christmas). Too far from holidays to really take advantage since it would lose most of its screens to December releases by then. So it had a big opening but ended up with weak legs. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mau said:

Why is it lower than frozen 1 in italy? Is it bc of the stiff competition?

It had a lot of screens when not needed (early December workdays). It had few screens when needed (Christmas period), losing at least 5M

 

It had a strong holi-day (8 December) on Sunday, losing at least 1M.

 

However Disney isn't worried, as tons of related items have been sold in any case. Literally whatever you can imagine is Frozen-branded here (and fly off the shelves).

 

I think it is lived more as pop-culture phenomenon than as cinematic event like Endgame or TLK or the Zalone's comedies.  

Edited by edroger3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

BOM recently updated the original Frozen's gross. It was $874 million OS and $1.274 billion WW a few days ago.

 

DOMESTIC (31.3%) 
$400,738,009
INTERNATIONAL (68.7%) 
$880,064,273
WORLDWIDE 
$1,280,802,282
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

BOM recently updated the original Frozen's gross. It was $874 million OS and $1.274 billion WW a few days ago.

 

DOMESTIC (31.3%) 
$400,738,009
INTERNATIONAL (68.7%) 
$880,064,273
WORLDWIDE 
$1,280,802,282

I believe its actual is $1.290B and its OS is $890M as BOM stopped tracking it after $230M Japan gross (and Japan added $19M more after that, $249M total). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

I believe its actual is $1.290B and its OS is $890M as BOM stopped tracking it after $230M Japan gross (and Japan added $19M more after that, $249M total). 

If they just did an update, it’s almost certainly from Disney and completely correct.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.