Jamiem

Frozen II 971m OS 1.44B WW

Great holds considering the massive start. Frozen started out so much smaller hence the longer legs. People just dismiss the much smaller openings and pretend their legs are amazing. Awesome movies that underperform on opening. More fun to track, not more impressive if they end up less (typically do but not always). Aquaman ended up way less than CM domestically but more WW thanks to China 

Edited by cdsacken

12 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Great holds considering the massive start. Frozen started out so much smaller hence the longer legs. People just dismiss the much smaller openings and pretend their legs are amazing. Awesome movies that underperform on opening. More fun to track, not more impressive if they end up less (typically do but not always). Aquaman ended up way less than CM domestically but more WW thanks to China 

Smaller movie do have an easier time getting better legs still a small OW doesn't give you good legs. Also saying that a movie with a higher gross is more impressive is a narrow way to look at things. An original IP doing $800m WW is definity more impressive than SW doing $1.1B even thought the gross for the SW movie is higher. Take this TS4 gross is higher than zootopia that said Zootopia was way more impressive than the gross of TS4.

• Like 1

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, OffTheHizzle said:

That's dedication, heh.

I like that banner with the Two Queens though. That 2D style of art shows up in a lot of the official merchandise and I find it charming.

I bought the Art of Frozen II book and it is worth the pickup. 

15 hours ago, pepsa said:

Smaller movie do have an easier time getting better legs still a small OW doesn't give you good legs. Also saying that a movie with a higher gross is more impressive is a narrow way to look at things. An original IP doing $800m WW is definity more impressive than SW doing $1.1B even thought the gross for the SW movie is higher. Take this TS4 gross is higher than zootopia that said Zootopia was way more impressive than the gross of TS4.

Yeah for sure on TS4. And sure Technically Frozen is more impressive than Frozen 2. Frozen 2 had a shit load of pressure and delivered. Lion King did too and failed. Box office wise it did not but it was not anywhere near as good as the original.

People dismissing the legs of Frozen though are being crazy. They were very good. That movie expanded the Frozen universe and really tried to do its own thing. I loved it 😍

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 2

Worldwide Alltime

The Avengers 8 -113,61
Furious Seven 9 -109,85
Frozen 2 10 1405,20
Avengers: Age of Ultron 11 2,40
Black Panther 12 58,29
Harry Potter DH2 13 63,27
Star Wars: The Last Jedi 14 72,67
Jurassic World 2 15 96,73
Frozen 16 124,32
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

With the #10 WW milestone achieved and no higher ones within reach, I think I can finally step back from following this run. Looking back at the Frozen II contest thread, OS and WW numbers comfortably smashed my expectations while domestic fell a little short. All in all, an amazing performance. Frozen held the WW animated crown for 6 years. Will Frozen II hold onto it as long, I wonder.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

With the #10 WW milestone achieved and no higher ones within reach, I think I can finally step back from following this run. Looking back at the Frozen II contest thread, OS and WW numbers comfortably smashed my expectations while domestic fell a little short. All in all, an amazing performance. Frozen held the WW animated crown for 6 years. Will Frozen II hold onto it as long, I wonder.

Which movie did it lose to?

Frozen 2 gets 30M+ WW in Week 9. I think it isn't totally died, even if mayor milestones as 1B OS or 500M Dom are out of reach by now. 

Week           Domestic              Overseas
     1   130,3 227,9
     2   158,6 225,3
     3   49,2 131,1
     4   28,3 82,9
     5   20,8 52,7
     6   34,5 78,5
     7   28,8 77,5
     8   9,1 37,3
     9   5,3 25,5

11 minutes ago, edroger3 said:

Frozen 2 gets 30M+ WW in Week 9. I think it isn't totally died, even if mayor milestones as 1B OS or 500M Dom are out of reach by now. 

Week           Domestic              Overseas
     1   130,3 227,9
     2   158,6 225,3
     3   49,2 131,1
     4   28,3 82,9
     5   20,8 52,7
     6   34,5 78,5
     7   28,8 77,5
     8   9,1 37,3
     9   5,3 25,5

How far can it go OS and DOM do you think?

26 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Very satisfying in the end, its global growth more than offset the Japanese decline.

Definitely. People talk of 1.6 like it's easy for animated films to achieve. I predict nothing beats Frozen 2 for at least 5 years if not closer to a decade.

2018 and 2019 warped perspectives of many. 2020 will help bring some back to reality.

• Like 6