sfran43

Monday Numbers: (11/4/19) Joker passed the $300M mark

8 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

That's what I'm hoping happens. It's possible, tbf. Hell, the Tue bump might be bigger, with the Wed drop following suit, and then Thu having a minimal drop (4-5%). I think it has a chance of staying a few thousand above 1M on Thu. Fingers crossed!

stable-mate R-rated Doctor Sleep previews Thu nights. Wonder what affect that will have.

5 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I don't think Far From Home's run was special, it was good of course but not overly special and I expected Lion King to do better in North America.

Lion King ended up grossing 1.6 billion. It's the 2nd most impressive boxoffice of the year. 

TLK's 540+ didn't impress me much either. Expected more than 7% up from BATB cause felt TLK animation was more popular and GA friendly than BATB animation even as both are beloved.

FFH imo is very impressive. If WW84 show the same bump that FFH showed from SMH it will cross 480. Incidentally GOTG1-2's Dom closely resembles SMH-FFH.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, a2k said:

TLK's 540+ didn't impress me much either. Expected more than 7% up from BATB cause felt TLK animation was more popular and GA friendly than BATB animation even as both are beloved.

FFH imo is very impressive. If WW84 show the same bump that FFH showed from SMH it will cross 480. Incidentally GOTG1-2's Dom closely resembles SMH-FFH.

I believe Wonder Woman 84 can increase on the first. One of the rare sequels to do so from a $400m first film (ala Catching Fire). Overseas is where I expect it to increase very significantly. 

6 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I believe Wonder Woman 84 can increase on the first. One of the rare sequels to do so from a $400m first film (ala Catching Fire). Overseas is where I expect it to increase very significantly. 

Personally I think WW 1984 will stay in the 400 Dom range as long as it's good. OS may increase but for now I think it  will be in the 900m range.

2020 is a weak year . Wouldn't be surprised if it takes the domestic crown in 2020 . I don't see any other movie that gets to 400m Dom.  I think BW and eternals , mulan will end up in 300ms range.

TLK's numbers are impressive. But the box office story is not - those numbers were expected. Hell, it kinda underwhelmed domestically, relative to expectations (I think expecting The Incredibles 2 numbers wasn't unrealistic).

Same for CM and FFH - they're installments in a franchise that regularly does 900+ nowadays, leading up and out of the biggest movie of all time.

Again, big numbers, but they're not impressive box office stories. Throw in budgets, along with the expectations and yeah, Joker is the second most impressive story simply because Endgame is #1 WW now, though it's fair to say it's a more surprising success story (AB for an R rated, small budget flick, as opposed to WW #1 for EG).

1 hour ago, a2k said:

FFH had Endgame bump, that's the only reason why it had big increase, that's not impressive at all to me. Cap Marvel pulled similar numbers strictly because of Avengers connection too. Character like Spider Man should do better than this without hundreds forced MCU references and mentioning Tony Stark every minute. WW1984 doesn't have that big bonus, so it's gonna be interesting to see how it will perform.

Edited by Firepower