CJohn

Weekend Estimates - THE HUNGER GAMES | 155M

Sony Classics' action-import THE RAID: REDEMPTION shot up $220,937 in 14 buildings--$15,781 per.

https://www.facebook...#!/ercboxoffice

Wow! $155 million for 'The Hunger Games' from 4,137 locations. Best non-sequel opening of all time.

From boxoffice.com facebook

More numbers coming soon.

Edited by CJohn

• Founder / Operator

Estimated $50m Saturday...very nice hold, will be interesting to see if that holds up but either way it beat my expectation of a $45m-ish Saturday. Looks like its going to essentially sell New Moon's tickets.

Posted Image

;)

Edited by ShawnMR

• Founder / Operator

"Looks like its going to essentially sell New Moon's tickets."Nope it is going to sell more... :)

Very possibly so, but not enough to be conclusive (unless the actual is significantly higher). There's a very close margin for error, and that's before considering that New Moon didn't have IMAX (IIRC). New Moon is $147m adjusted according to BOM.So, if THG ends with a $150m opening, its too close to call. That's not a negative thing for THG at all, it just is what it is. It still has the better internal multiplier, though. Edited by ShawnMR

I'm thinking 155 million. Anyways, anything over 150 million is unbelievable.

Anything over 100 mill is ridiculous. We're now heading into "stupidly ridiculous territory." for this to drop less than 30% on it's first Saturday after a 68 mill Friday is unheard of. That means it dropped less than TDK.

• Founder / Operator

With 153 million I think its closer to DH2 no?What is DH2 admissions vs this?I think THG got around 19.54 million admissions to around 20 million for DH2 I think...

They're all in the same territory. Remember, average prices are skewed and flawed information to begin with. There's literally no way to figure out the exact admissions for any film, especially nowadays when 3D and IMAX really screw up the equation.

• Founder / Operator

Anything over 100 mill is ridiculous. We're now heading into "stupidly ridiculous territory." for this to drop less than 30% on it's first Saturday after a 68 mill Friday is unheard of. That means it dropped less than TDK.

Yea, the Saturday is way more noteworthy IMO than anything that happened on Friday. Could be a spillover effect, but may very likely be the first real sign of great legs. $300 million is looking a little more likely now if this continues. Very surprising.

Yeah but I think we can easily saw it is one of the best opening weekends ever even in admissions.The film will be near 240-250 million by next Sunday and you think it has a chance at missing out 300 million.For it to miss 300 million would require legs worse then Dh1 and New Moon.I agree with Baumer, nothing indicates over 350 million but we need to remember this is not a sequel. We cannot assume automatically its going to get a 70% fall next weekend.

Edited by Lordmandeep

Yea, the Saturday is way more noteworthy IMO than anything that happened on Friday. Could be a spillover effect, but may very likely be the first real sign of great legs. $300 million is looking a little more likely now if this continues. Very surprising.

Have you seen the film yet?