sfran43

Weekend Thread: FvF vroooms past 30M+; Say Goodnight Angels with 8M for CA; Waves washes up 37k+ PTA

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

we have the further breakdown of cinema IP in Sony’s Charlie’s Angels reboot which is tanking with a God-awful $8.2M opening

https://deadline.com/2019/11/charlies-angels-bombs-at-box-office-reasons-why-1202787938/

That is just pitiful. Hardly better than The Girl in the Spider's Web last year.

• Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

8 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

we have the further breakdown of cinema IP in Sony’s Charlie’s Angels reboot which is tanking with a God-awful $8.2M opening

https://deadline.com/2019/11/charlies-angels-bombs-at-box-office-reasons-why-1202787938/

lol  I'm telling you, the general audience doesn't like KStewart's acting. She turns people off. Even her indie movies are flops.

Edited by Alli
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

That is stunningly bad.  

• Like 2

Between Full Throttle massively underperforming back in 2003 (go back and read BOG's article for that weekend - they were projecting a nearly $60M opening and it opened with less than the first's $40M debut), the TV reboot bombing earlier this decade, and now this flop, maybe they'll finally take the hint that it's time for Charlie's Angels to RIP.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Damon followed up Martian with Jason Bourne, The Great Wall, Downsizing & Suburbicon; none of which were good movies (I'd be surprised if there was a 2017 film I liked less than Downsizing), and all of them bombed outside of Bourne. Nice to see him in a critically acclaimed hit again. His 2020 looks good too with the Tom McCarthy film and Last Duel. 

1 minute ago, Hatebox said:

Bale continues to play his post-Batman career well too.

Best post-superhero career any of these guys have had so far. His next film is with David O'Russel, so that could be a good mid-budget hit too.

Edited by TMP

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Between Full Throttle massively underperforming back in 2003 (go back and read BOG's article for that weekend - they were projecting a nearly $60M opening and it opened with less than the first's $40M debut),

NO.

Tomb Rider is the same situation.   First movie a success, second flopped way bigger than the second Charlie's Angels.  And yet the reboot with Alicia Vikander managed 23M OW. Face it, this Charlie's Angels is a mega bomb and KStewart is anti charisma. This flop is on her.

I think the main reason why Dark Fate, Doctor Sleep And now Charlie’s Angels flopped were because of the atrocious marketing. Dark Fate had an awful first trailer with that ridiculous music, Doctor Sleep had nonexistent marketing I kept forgetting the movie was being released lmao and Charlie’s Angels looked like total cringe.