sfran43

Weekend Thread: FvF vroooms past 30M+; Say Goodnight Angels with 8M for CA; Waves washes up 37k+ PTA

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

And for that you need to believe some random twitter account with a very strange claim, that a movie clearly targetting women audience hard and didn't count on men to work that fail could have been because of men, very suspiciously without a link to the source, from a filmmaker that had giant success without men's with Pitch Perfect (72% female audience OW).

Idc abt anything all in that news. Its not worth talking about ffs.

My focus was on the fact that yes, someone delusion could give such statement, as one who would make such film in first place.

We saw similar crying earlier in March I guess with Booksmart which was another wannabe movie.

Edited by Jedi Jat

5 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

when Disney film is dropping from estimates, it is brutal. Looking forward to M2 legs from here, especially with Frozen 2 next weekend.

Strange thing is that they actually gave a realistic Sun for Mal this time instead of a totally silly one.  

12 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

Idc abt anything all in that news. Its not worth talking about ffs.

Well I absolutely agree, it is not even true. i was not the one bringing it here (everyone that did, claim that it is worth talking about), I am not sure why you are talking about it. The fakenews itself isn't worth talking about, why it exist, why do people spread it, why do people blindly believe in them is kind of interesting too and translate well to all case of fakenews.

12 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

We saw similar crying earlier in March I guess with Booksmart which was another wannabe movie.

I do not remember any "because of men" Booksmart didn't broke out crying from the director or anyone either, it is female that went in drove to see Aladdin that weekend.

Edited by Barnack

15 minutes ago, Barnack said:

And for that you need to believe some random twitter account with a very strange claim, that a movie clearly targetting women audience hard and didn't count on men to work that fail could have been because of men, very suspiciously without a link to the source, from a filmmaker that had giant success without men's with Pitch Perfect (72% female audience OW).

It is extraordinary enough, from a suspicious enough source to take 10 second look at the interview's (see that they are behind paywall, and why the troll are using them)

You think people read articles anymore? Look at this site and stuff posted in the fanboy threads. People go on rants based on headlines.

But yeah regarding Banks comments, the links posted by that twitter account go to WSJ and Herald Sun. Those interviews are from Nov 11 and Nov 14th according to google. Also behind paywall so I have no idea what the actual interview consists of. 

Charlie Angels just didnt look appealing. It has nothing to do with what Elizabeth Banks is claming. Theaters are expensive and im not going to waste 18 bucks on film just because it has female impowement. The casting wasnt doing it for me. None of them looked like they can fight ,They look like they didnt even have any chemistry and technically it was 2 Angels and 1 was just taging Alone. Maybe they should have just streamed it.

Edited by Dragon
  • Like 1

Lol, I heard someone on twitter say that Charlie's Angels flopped because it looked too corny. Have they not seen the older movies? They were the epitome of corniness (and that's why they are so much fun). I'm guessing the TV show was pretty corny too. If anything the new one looked super bland.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2

DA Monday increased by more than 1000% from early estimates :ohmyzod:

Nov 15, 2019 - $77,880 +22% 303 $257   $96,060,440 57

Spoiler

;) 

Also with TAF drop this weekend we’ll have TAF, DA, and Rocketman all chilling in the 95-100 zone. 

Edited by Thanos Legion