sfran43

Weekend Thread: FvF vroooms past 30M+; Say Goodnight Angels with 8M for CA; Waves washes up 37k+ PTA

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Charlie's Angels and The Good Liar are clearly both DOA but great numbers for Ford v Ferrari if they hold up. More evidence that the non-tentpole movie isn't dead yet.

Good Liar Numbers might be better considering it’s target audience shows up later to the theater. Deadline mentioned it. 

Come on, man, why are there all kinds of negativity with Charlie's Angels all over the internet? 

I can only suspect there are some MALE-SUPREMACISTs  who have hate-boners for this movie just because it is female-centric.

It is pathetic and disgusting. 

Deal with it, male-supremacist , you are losing.

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

ford is probably looking at friday(without previews) around Dark Fate numbers. Showcount was limited and so there was no accelearation post 4PM. it slowed down quite a bit. Probably looking at 27-28m OW. Hopefully WOM takes it to 100m domestic.

I see what you did there

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

ford is probably looking at friday(without previews) around Dark Fate numbers. Showcount was limited and so there was no accelearation post 4PM. it slowed down quite a bit. Probably looking at 27-28m OW. Hopefully WOM takes it to 100m domestic.

If it’s like DF (without previews) with much better WOM, I’m thinking it will be closer to 29-30 

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Ford v Ferrari seems like the kind of movie that legs it out to $100M+ and sneaks its way into at least a handful of Oscar nominations.

Sounds like Bale could have gotten a Supporting Actor nomination if they didn't campaign him for lead. Seems way too competitive for him to break in 

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Ford v Ferrari seems like the kind of movie that legs it out to $100M+ and sneaks its way into at least a handful of Oscar nominations.

It's gonna be hard. Director is too competitive and so is Actor (especially since Disney is pushing both of Damon and Bale for lead). Sound nominations are guaranteed but I don't see much else happening.

7 minutes ago, Curtis1986 said:

FVF joins overcome and Harriet in the A+ club. My guess is that Just Mercy will be the only iui there film this year to join. Maybe that Mr. Roger's pick.

I'd be shocked if Neighborhood doesn't get an A+. Seems like an easy crowdpleaser candidate.

10 minutes ago, Eric Plus said:

I'd be shocked if Neighborhood doesn't get an A+. Seems like an easy crowdpleaser candidate.

Just realizing that Won’t You Be My Neighbor was never in enough theaters to get a Cinemascore, but if it had I’m guessing it would have been yet another A+ for 2018+2019!   

In addition to being an insane pair of years for SH/CBM gross, this has gotta be the strongest pair of consecutive years for A+, right?

Edited by Thanos Legion

56 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

It's gonna be hard. Director is too competitive and so is Actor (especially since Disney is pushing both of Damon and Bale for lead). Sound nominations are guaranteed but I don't see much else happening.

Bale is incredibly well liked in the industry, his film is very well liked/well reviewed and has come out later than some other contenders.  He can easily get nominated in lead. 

4 minutes ago, newknicksfan said:

Bale is incredibly well liked in the industry, his film is very well liked/well reviewed and has come out later than some other contenders.  He can easily get nominated in lead. 

Lead is way too strong this year. I don't think Bale cares about being nominated or else he would've campaigned in supporting.