TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

7 hours ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

I remember pre-Zaslav rumors that Phillips was interested in doing more DC characters but I don’t recall anything about him being offered to run DC outright.

I sure remember the reports and many people being enthusiastic on the DC forum.

7 hours ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

I remember pre-Zaslav rumors that Phillips was interested in doing more DC characters but I don’t recall anything about him being offered to run DC outright.

I think one of 3 trades claimed that, I don't remember which one. The context was everyone rejected DC boss gig and Zaslav offered it to Phillips, and he refused to do it as well.

London premiere is starting right now, Graham Norton show appearance by Lady Gaga tapes tomorrow September 26th and airs Friday, September 27th.  

LA premiere is Monday September 30th and Lady Gaga tapes an appearance and "performance" for Jimmy Kimmel Live on October 1st.

20 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Well, shouldn't studios and producers allow directors to do whatever they want with their movies, instead of interfering with them? I mean, that's what I always keep reading all over the forums, that producers shouldn't mess up with a director's job. So, Philips made a musical with this movie. If it sucks, that's on him. You can't blame Zaslav or anybody else if the sequel fails. They allowed the director to make the movie he wanted to make.

Yeah, you hear that, and it's really simplistic.

In the end the main duty of a CEO is NOT to let directors make the film they want, but to the stockholder of the company they run.

Zalsev should have been in the business long kenough to know turning Joker 2 into a musical was pretty risky, and maybe he shouldhave pushed Philips into something a bit more mainstream.

22 hours ago, dudalb said:

I think it was a case of Joaquin Phoenix returning as the Joker/FLeck would guarantee big box office no matter the rest of the film.

And you had a number of people early in this thread saying the same thing.

Yeah people thought Phoenix would be like the next RDJ for this role.

Anyhoo, heard from one of my friends that even in India where the first one was huge, tickets for this aren't selling out. She was able to book her show for next week now.

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I agree, but I think both Gaga and Swift are talented.

I know dissing Swift has become the cool thing to do, but only a mtter of time before Gaga gets the same treatment.

Gaga is a more talented musician,singer,composer,performer,actress...

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Plenty of positive reviews with some raves after London premiere. Yeah, I don't buy this narrative that the movie will be totally rejected with BvS legs just because nerds believe they are too cool for musicals or because it's not a setup of another cinematic universe. Legs will be fine no matter what it does on OW.

17 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Plenty of positive reviews with some raves after London premiere. Yeah, I don't buy this narrative that the movie will be totally rejected with BvS legs just because nerds believe they are too cool for musicals or because it's not a setup of another cinematic universe. Legs will be fine no matter what it does on OW.

Any links?

24 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I agree, but I think both Gaga and Swift are talented.

I know dissing Swift has become the cool thing to do, but only a mtter of time before Gaga gets the same treatment.

You must have missed the ARTPOP era.. Gaga has been there plenty of times and she still has very dedicated haters especially between fans of other popstars.

• Like 1