TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

Todd is the sole credited writer? I suggest he bring in few more people.  

"Struck a deal to co-write" means there will be at least one other along the way!  And just because they're attempting to write it, of course, doesn't mean it will happen...but yes, I think this thing simply made too much money for them to just let it go...

57 minutes ago, Macleod said:

I don't get it.  So from what I've gathered, he's just spoofing?  Who is this guy, anyway?  

Among other things, an internet prankster who says things about movies that in retrospect are obviously satirical/farcical, yet he still gets quoted by websites in roundup reactions.  His comments about movie/TV premieres are particularly infamous.

Here's a recent one where folks may or may not have taken the bait:

For ones where folks have taken the bait:

EDUYinWVUAEVoG-.jpg

Google search for "ben mekler movie tweets" will come up with quite few more examples.

He does have a fairly length IMDB resume for his actual work in Hollywood, but he does seem to delight in tweaking the nose of the infotainment website ecosystem, which isn't exactly known for checking the validity of rumors/sources before running wild with so-called scoops.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Porthos said:

Google search for "ben mekler movie tweets" will come up with quite few more examples.

He does have a fairly length IMDB resume for his actual work in Hollywood, but he does seem to delight in tweaking the nose of the infotainment website ecosystem, which isn't exactly known for checking the validity of rumors/sources before running wild with so-called scoops.

Thanks, but I'm not going to waste my time.  He's clearly wasting others'.  I get what he's doing, but he's made his point.  He should move on to "real" work in the industry.  

43 minutes ago, dudalb said:

So the THR story has pretty much gone nowhere?

You mean the one when the movie was released? It was confirmed as fake by Variety, Deadline and Phillips back then. If it's happening, they could start principal photography this fall, after Napoleon.