Frozen II (2019)  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What'd You Think?

11 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

For me Olaf and his existential panic was waaaay more amusing and relatable than anything else I've seen him in.  It's like they finally figured out how to use Josh Gad.

Ahhh. I actually thought that was slightly annoying, and I usually love humor like that. He's probably the one character I didn't think was improved.

• Like 1

It was actually pretty decent...

Its hard to top the original as it was a very simple story while this got a bit off track at times. 

• Like 1

I really liked it. It's hard to top the Original movie for me since Frozen is one of my most watched movie. Still this was a great sequel. The music is great and animation is stunning. Will definitely watch it again.

My complain with this movie though is that it rushes through plot points without much build up. Quiet a few moments feel unearned. Like I don't think Anna would agree to become queen of Arendale just like that or be Ok with Elsa living in the forest.I don't know how I feel about the ending. 

I would give this an A. Frozen on the other hand is A+.

Edited by Damien
  • Like 3

On 11/22/2019 at 8:30 PM, captainwondyful said:

I think my favorite part was how Disney was like "Elsa doesn't have a girlfriend" and then every time Honeymaren was on screen I was whispering: "Look it's her girlfriend."

It for sure felt like they were setting that up. 

Also as for my review, much better than the first (and I really liked the first), also melted my little mixed-race heart with one of the big reveals and loved that they went for *that* theme overall.

Its an A from me!

• Like 1

The more I think about this movie, the more I think that about 30% of it didn't need to happen.

Spoiler

Elsa and Anna already saw that Iduna was from the Northuldra tribe, there's even a statue that shows she saved Agnarr.

So why is that the crowning moment on Atohollan? We saw it already?

23 minutes ago, Morieris said:

The more I think about this movie, the more I think that about 30% of it didn't need to happen.

Hide contents

Elsa and Anna already saw that Iduna was from the Northuldra tribe, there's even a statue that shows she saved Agnarr.

So why is that the crowning moment on Atohollan? We saw it already?

Spoiler

I think the big reveal to Elsa wasn't that Iduna was from Northuldra (she already knew that as you mentioned) but rather that her mother was the one whispering and beckoning her all this time (recognizing the familiar siren call in the preserved memory). 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Hide contents

I think the big reveal to Elsa wasn't that Iduna was from Northuldra (she already knew that as you mentioned) but rather that her mother was the one whispering and beckoning her all this time (recognizing the familiar siren call in the preserved memory). 

Spoiler

Didn't the ice sculpture show that as well? Or was it just her and Agnarr and not her actually saving him?

5 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Hide contents

Didn't the ice sculpture show that as well? Or was it just her and Agnarr and not her actually saving him?

Spoiler

If I remember correctly, the statue did show Iduna saving Agnarr. But it wasn't until Ahtohallan that Elsa actually witnessed her mother's call in the memories and realized she was the same spirit guiding her all this time. 

• Like 1

nothing about this really worked for me. the story is about what i'd expect from one of those 90s straight to video disney sequels, it's aimless nonsense that feels like they were given an hour to come up with it. they throw a ton of half baked ideas in here that would've been interesting in the good version of this movie but it's too much too fast here and it's a mess. the only real improvement on the first one is the animation (and even then that swordfight at the start looked... terrible? what was up with that?).

songs are forgettable, it's not funny, any attempt at an emotional beat is half assed, every character is 50% more annoying. i usually love an 80s power ballad parody but that wasn't funny and was just awkward because it felt like they didn't fully commit to the bit.

ahhh well. the first one is a top 5 disney movie for me and this pretty much sucked. too bad.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Film put me to sleep twice but I was awake for the beginning, the end and the best part of the whole film (the Into the Unknown song). That song is a winner and should get an Oscar. 

Everything about this film is a downgrade from the last one except for the visual. Its visually stunning achievement on par with The Good Dinosaur.  The highlight of the movie, obviously Olaf isn't going anywhere but seeing him fading away is still too much to be felt.

The anna-elsa relationship was a little bit overdone and it doesn't feel naturally warm. the film has so many content yet so underdevelopment and a bit anti-climatic when all the tension solved too easily.  Not having a clear villain clearly killing the effectiveness of story-telling here. That is why the film felt like directionless half-way through the film.  

Kris's song lost in the wood somewhat caught my attention more than into the unknown and show yourself.  The songs worked more like a character realisation than actual plot-serving while In fact there aren't much character development in the overall plot.  

I always say Frozen is the twisted structure of classical Disney film, a princess, a prince-like figure, a side-kick and a villainous woman.  Elsa was portrayed more complex and more villainous in Frozen 1 and too bad that layer was completely gone in this film.

Overall it is another enjoyable yet forgettable sequel. At least it is a good, worth your time sequel. 

7/10

Edited by titanic2187
  • Like 1

This was fine, whereas I didn't enjoy the first frozen. The Sven song was funny. I don't remember much else, pretty forgettable, but I enjoyed it while I watched it - and I've listened to Lost in the Woods on repeat. Seems like they haven't managed to make any of the songs a hit though.

Edited by Avatree

Okay, so I snuck back in after TROS to see the first like 10 minutes again.

Spoiler

When Anna sings 'All is Found', why do they use the Kacey Muskgraves version when Kirsten Bell is a singer.

Posted (edited)

C

45min worth of movie dragged into 1hr30min. Wanted to walk away during Kristoff and the reindeer "subplot". Music isn't half as good as the previous movie and songs felt forced and obligatory; As such the whole sequel is obligatory but they could have done a far better job. Can't believe that this and TLK (C) brought in 3.1b globally while Lion King II : Simba's Pride was a direct-2-video release. Business has changed a lot indeed. fwiw, felt Frozen 2013 was A/A+.

Edited by a2k