filmlover

Emma. | 2/21/2020 | Focus Features | Anya Taylor-Joy | Coming to VOD Friday March 20

"Emma" has already been done so often...the Gwennyth Paltrow film, the Kate Beckinsale BBC mini series, and, of course, "Clueless" a modern version of the story (which actually sticks pretty close to the novel, just puts it in modern times.)

I sort of wish they had pricked some other Austen novel to film.

I can see a lot of Austen fans not being interested in this because there are already a couple of good versions around.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

"Emma" has already been done so often...the Gwennyth Paltrow film, the Kate Beckinsale BBC mini series, and, of course, "Clueless" a modern version of the story (which actually sticks pretty close to the novel, just puts it in modern times.)

I sort of wish they had pricked some other Austen novel to film.

I can see a lot of Austen fans not being interested in this because there are already a couple of good versions around.

There isn't an Austen film that hasn't been done multiple times either as a mini series or film.  None as much as P&P but even Mansfield Park (eh) has been adapted three times .  She only wrote 6 and they recently did her unfinished novel as a mini (disappointingly).

It might be nice if they did one of the multitude of novels that have never been filmed by other writers.

4 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

There isn't an Austen film that hasn't been done multiple times either as a mini series or film.  None as much as P&P but even Mansfield Park (eh) has been adapted three times .  She only wrote 6 and they recently did her unfinished novel as a mini (disappointingly).

It might be nice if they did one of the multitude of novels that have never been filmed by other writers.

I think this film just sort of screams "unnesscesary film".

Don't think even the Austen Addicts will be that interested in this one.

Edited by dudalb