Eric Atreides

FROZEN II WEEKEND THREAD | 130.26M OW | BLACK FRIDAY WEEK SALE: Gold Accounts 25% OFF | I like warm hugs and I cannot lie | No Knives Out Spoilers :)

8 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

My elder one is also not interested despite being so into let it go. But she is also 11 now and tastes evolve. Plus she prefers to watch netflix over going to plexes. She is into Flash now and previously enjoyed Endgame !!!!

My younger one wont sit through a movie in theater as well. Prefer shorts to full movies. Did enjoy Olaf short before Coco though i thought it was horrible.

Disney's not including a short before Frozen 2 like they usually do for all of their movies apparently so I'm assuming that's their way of saying "we're sorry" for making everyone who saw Coco in theaters sit through that interminable Frozen "short."

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

57 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Did enjoy Olaf short before Coco though i thought it was horrible.

I hate to see a perfectly good Christmas special like ‘Olaf’s Frozen Adventure’ be tarnished just because of how the release was handled.

The short itself I thought was great! Great songs with great visuals. The story itself was nothing spectacular- though served its purpose and cleverly worked itself back to tie in to the original. A solid Christmas special and a new Christmas tradition had Disney played their cards right.

I’m not sure if all the negativity is because of the length of the ‘short’ that was shoehorned in right before a full feature length movie?

I hope over time people can forgive and forget how it was released and just enjoy it as a yearly Christmas tradition as a solid way to get the whole family into the Christmas spirit.

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Disney's not including a short before Frozen 2 like they usually do for all of their movies apparently so I'm assuming that's their way of saying "we're sorry" for making everyone who saw Coco in theaters sit through that interminable Frozen "short."

That short was horrible (as well as the other one in front of Cinderalla?). It made me go being neutral to Frozen (a movie I have not seen) to deciding to never see it. Just terrible. Coco was good though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, NYer4Life said:

I hate to see a perfectly good Christmas special like ‘Olaf’s Frozen Adventure’ be tarnished just because of how the release was handled.

The short itself I thought was great! Great songs with great visuals. The story itself was nothing spectacular- though served its purpose and cleverly worked itself back to tie in to the original. A solid Christmas special and a new Christmas tradition had Disney played their cards right.

I’m not sure if all the negativity is because of the length of the ‘short’ that was shoehorned in right before a full feature length movie?

I hope over time people can forgive and forget how it was released and just enjoy it as a yearly Christmas tradition as a solid way to get the whole family into the Christmas spirit.

Nah, if you need Disney Xmas specials, stick to the Prep and Landing ones - both of them are WAY better than the Frozen one:)...

In fact, they have been placed on the family tradition list a few years ago, alongside Grinch, Charlie Brown, and Shrek...we now have a big 4 every year, and fit in other movies/specials on an ad hoc basis:)...

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

You really think the appeal of Frozen is limited to just kids? lol.

I don’t think @Water Bottle was saying that only kids are excited for Frozen.

I think he was (correctly) stating only kids should be excited for Frozen.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Disbelief 3

32 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Me when the Thursday number drops:

giphy.gif

Also me knowing that Winter Saturday is Coming:

tenor.gif?itemid=5791671

See. He gets it. 

Spoiler

Oh god  but what if Saturday isn’t Battle of the Basterds GOT but it is Finale GOT 😱

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, The Panda said:

i think he was (correctly) stating only kids should be excited for Frozen.

Why does age matter? It is an animated musical with two female leads. I like:

- animated movies

- musicals

- female leads

ETA: Also weren’t you like SUUUPER hyped “it a gonna be the biggest movie of the year” for Incredibles last year? So were you wrong to be excited for that?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I don’t think @Water Bottle was saying that only kids are excited for Frozen.

I think he was (correctly) stating only kids should be excited for Frozen.

I really liked Zootopia(best of Disney animation this decade) and even enjoyed Bolt a lot. But dont care much for princess musicals. Best animation about princess was probably Mulan. But Frozen was a pop culture even and now plays wider than kids movies. That is why early PS was crazy strong. Late tapering off shows it still does not play as wide as say Incredibles 2 did. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, captainwondyful said:

Why does age matter? It is an animated musical with two female leads. I like:

- animated movies

- musicals

- female leads

The Law of Disney Movie Weekend Threads:

For every two fans in these threads there must always exist at least one jaded critic to bring things to balance.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

See. He gets it. 

Hide contents

Oh god  but what if Saturday isn’t Battle of the Basterds GOT but it is Finale GOT 😱

Spoiler

My response back to those doubts:

Elsa's got this, fam. 👍

• Astonished 1