Eric Atreides

FROZEN II WEEKEND THREAD | 130.26M OW | BLACK FRIDAY WEEK SALE: Gold Accounts 25% OFF | I like warm hugs and I cannot lie | No Knives Out Spoilers :)

16 minutes ago, Menor said:

Maybe if 150+ is your bar for success but 36.5 Friday most likely yields a 140+ weekend.

3.6 true IM? Maybe, but I’ve been thinking more 3.15-3.4

14 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

They did update the OS number. Yesterday's report was way lower.

They updated vs yesterday, but I was saying maybe not updated the weekend nums vs this morning based on the early midday.

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

Damn, I keep forgetting I'm in Eastern time now.

LMAO, this has been exactly me for the past week. Did you travel Pacific to East for Thanksgiving?

Edited by Thanos Legion

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

3.6 true IM? Maybe, but I’ve been thinking more 3.15-3.4

They updated vs yesterday, but I was saying maybe not updated the weekend nums vs this morning based on the early midday.

LMAO, this has been exactly me for the past week. Did you travel Pacific to East for Thanksgiving?

Nah, but still adjusting coming from Texas to an East Coast college. 

The way I see it if Friday comes in at 36.5 is 8.5-36.5-55-40. Sat bump is gonna be huge and Sunday sales are also crazy strong.

• Like 3

Just now, Menor said:

Nah, but still adjusting coming from Texas to an East Coast college. 

The way I see it if Friday comes in at 36.5 is 8.5-36.5-55-40. Sat bump is gonna be huge and Sunday sales are also crazy strong.

That looks very reasonable actually. I guess as true Fri goes down possible true IMs naturally go up to some degree.

https://deadline.com/2019/11/frozen-2-opening-weekend-box-office-tom-hanks-mister-rogers-movie-21-bridges-1202792831/

2nd Update, Midday: Frozen 2 is bound to score the best opening for an animated pic in November with a current estimated weekend of $130M-$140M after a day’s gross of $45.9M (that includes last night’s $8.5M).

MORE….

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 3
  • Sad 2

Neither a $54 million true or full Friday would be enough to bring Disney to $3 billion for the year.

Disney sits at $2.85621 billion with Frozen 2's $8.5 million previews. I guess they are including what Mary Poppins Returns and Ralph Breaks the Internet made in 2019. That number comes to $2.946 billion in 2019 after Frozen 2's previews. The $54 million needed to get $3 billion is AFTER previews.  Thus, the $45 million they talked about hearing was also after previews.

Looks like, according to DL, they have a $53.5 million full Friday. But that's Deadline. Could be higher than that? If true, DL's number is FANTASTIC!

But then they go ahead and contradict that by saying a $45 million TOTAL Friday. So it's all rather confusing. But the point is that a $54 million TOTAL Friday (previews + true) would not have brought Disney up to $3 billion. So, a very poorly written pair of articles?

Edited by jedijake

6 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Neither a $54 million true or full Friday would be enough to bring Disney to $3 billion for the year.

Disney sits at $2.85621 billion with Frozen 2's $8.5 million previews. I guess they are including what Mary Poppins Returns and Ralph Breaks the Internet made in 2019. That number comes to $2.946 billion in 2019 after Frozen 2's previews. The $54 million needed to get $3 billion is AFTER previews.  Thus, the $45 million they talked about hearing was also after previews.

Looks like, according to DL, they have a $53.5 million full Friday. But that's Deadline. Could be higher than that? If true, DL's number is FANTASTIC!

But then they go ahead and contradict that by saying a $45 million TOTAL Friday. So it's all rather confusing. But the point is that a $54 million TOTAL Friday (previews + true) would not have brought Disney up to $3 billion. So, a very poorly written pair of articles?

These record are conventionally calendar gross, so Poppins and Ralph are appropriately included. The 3B article is correct that a 54 true fro would be needed, but they said they were hearing 45 when they meant they were hearing 37.

Edited by Thanos Legion

10 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Well, there’s that ambiguity clarified. I think 37.4 true is too low.

45.9 od is 5.4x the previews. mal2 did 5.45x.

not low imo. in fact am surprised it kept in line with mal2 despite much bigger numbers.

set well for 135 ow and possibly 140.

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

I feel like I'm crazy cause I read that as 45 including previews the whole time. No idea why everybody thought they meant 45 true Friday.

They said Disney had made 2.946 billion including Frozen previews, and needed 54 million on true Friday. Then they said they were hearing 45 million instead (instead implied to be instead of 54 million true Friday). So the implication was that 45 million was true Friday, but true to Deadline form they had just made an error.

• Like 1