Eric Atreides

FROZEN II WEEKEND THREAD | 130.26M OW | BLACK FRIDAY WEEK SALE: Gold Accounts 25% OFF | I like warm hugs and I cannot lie | No Knives Out Spoilers :)

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I am shocked on how badly Frozen 2 is performing. Should have been an easy 200M OW. Won't even touch 150M OW instead. Wtf.

47-58-45 :ph34r:   

Spoiler

... Is not a likely trajectory. But hey, Into the Unknown.

• Like 2

I wonder if @RthTIFF would step in today. Since this is  a big day it would be good to see his input.

I just dont see Charlie's numbers. Yesterday if you take it all the tickets sold as adult tickets(it was not), the ratio of MTC to national was 2.65. Making the same assumption for today the friday now is at 7.68m and so same ratio would put national at 20.36 with huge % of tickets are for evening shows. So dont know where it will end. I will make that call at 8PM. But it needs to more than double the current rate.

Edit: I definitely see the ratio being bigger. Question is how much bigger. Both the MTC's cover all major markets(especially MTC1).

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Thanks 1

Even though Frozen 2 will have a lower OW than what I predicted, it's definitely going to leg out throughout the next couple of months.

A reminder that Frozen back in 2013 was still making bank at the box office, after the movie released on DVD.

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

I wonder if @RthTIFF would step in today. Since this is  a big day it would be good to see his input.

I just dont see Charlie's numbers. Yesterday if you take it all the tickets sold as adult tickets(it was not), the ratio of MTC to national was 2.65. Making the same assumption for today the friday now is at 7.68m and so same ratio would put national at 20.36 with huge % of tickets are for evening shows. So dont know where it will end. I will make that call at 8PM. But it needs to more than double the current rate.

Last page man :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A month ago in the tracking thread, I pulled a number out of the air for Frozen 2 of $133M...if that is indeed the final number this weekend, I'm gonna apply for my fortune teller license tomorrow:)...

But, I'm staying in my contest, can't be disappointed mode, of $112M til I see that final Friday number:)...

• Like 1

Just now, Menor said:

It's too early to rule out 150 imo. Tomorrow is a big x-factor with how ridiculous the presales are. Now today had large PS as well  but tomorrow's (and to some extent Sunday's) is on a whole different level. 

What is the highest jump % for Sat from a animeated movie so far???

28 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Jesus Christ, just saw that the Frozen soundtrack opened at #15 on Billboard with only 26k in sales. This is fucking brutal, after the first sountrack went to score 7xP you would think it actually built a fanbase. 

26 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Pretty darn normal for the way this stuff goes. Rarely does a films soundtrack go huge immediately without other elements. The unexpected nature of the first could never be repeated.

It’s pretty normal given how sales in the music industry have changed. Not saying the Frozen 2 soundtrack did well or anything but the low sales are common now because people stream music versus buying actual copies. Sales in general have declined 30-40% since 2016. I’m sure it’s even bigger since the original Frozen was released. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

A month ago in the tracking thread, I pulled a number out of the air for Frozen 2 of $133M...if that is indeed the final number this weekend, I'm gonna apply for my fortune teller license tomorrow:)...

But, I'm staying in my contest, can't be disappointed mode, of $112M til I see that final Friday number:)...

With Asgard having spoken, it will be well within range of 112 by end of Saturday. Mid 90s more than likely at a minimum so you can rest :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I am shocked on how badly Frozen 2 is performing. Should have been an easy 200M OW. Won't even touch 150M OW instead. Wtf.

Sad troll attempt. 200m OW isn't easy. Zero movies in 2020 will hit that. Not convinced Avatar in 2021 will either.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

There have been a total of 7 movies opening to over 200 Mio. 

All of them are 4Q-Movies targeting the most important group of moviegoers in terms of ticket sales: Younger Males.

All of those did huge business on the expensive premier format screens.

Frozen didn't even stand a chance to open to 200m.

4 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

What is the highest jump % for Sat from a animeated movie so far???

Like, without size restrictions? Won’t be meaningful but off the top of my head the previous biggest Nov Fri animation, Grinch from last year, did +67% Sat from True Fri. Won’t happen here by any stretch of the imagination.

• Like 1