Eric Duncan

FROZEN II WEEKEND THREAD | 130.26M OW | BLACK FRIDAY WEEK SALE: Gold Accounts 25% OFF | I like warm hugs and I cannot lie | No Knives Out Spoilers :)

• Community Manager
11 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Why does age matter? It is an animated musical with two female leads. I like:

- animated movies

- musicals

- female leads

ETA: Also weren’t you like SUUUPER hyped “it a gonna be the biggest movie of the year” for Incredibles last year? So were you wrong to be excited for that?

Frozen II is made primarily for kids. Like it's fine to like something that's meant for kids. All the power to you, heck I like Zootopia and Inside Out. But I'm not hyped for Zootopia 2 or Inside Out 2 at all. I am excited to check out the Tom Hanks movie coming out this weekend. That looks interesting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Frozen 2013 

5-day 93.9

9-day 102.6 (5-day + Mon-Thu)

12-day 134.3 (5-day + Mon-Thu + 2nd weekend)

16-day 142.2 (5-day + Mon-Thu + 2nd weekend + Mon-Thu)

19-day 164.8 (5-day + Mon-Thu + 2nd weekend + Mon-Thu + 3rd weekend)

predictions:

deadline 90-135 (112.5 avg)

Mojo 120

the-numbers.com 125

pro.BO 130

BOR 136

Edited by a2k
Mojo came in
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nova said:

Im a 26 year old straight male who has opening night tickets to Frozen 2, Saturday morning tickets to Frozen 2 and next Saturday morning tickets to Frozen 2. 

I’m not a kid. Nor am I a female.

Bite me. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

• Community Manager
Just now, The Panda said:

giphy.gif

I honestly have never ever bought tickets for multiple showtimes of a movie before I see it. If I end up seeing it in theaters more than once (rare occurence, I think last time was Age of Ultron), it's always after I see it the first time and have confirmed not only do I like it, I like it to want to see it again so soon after seeing it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nova said:

Im a 26 year old straight male who has opening night tickets to Frozen 2, Saturday morning tickets to Frozen 2 and next Saturday morning tickets to Frozen 2. 

Bite me. 

13911898360_4bf0deffe9_b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 4

1 hour ago, Jedi Jat said:

Well. Well. Well.

I love how I was totally going to ask for self reasons for you to not drop your numbers until after my Survivors said in their picks, but then I realized it's not Friday yet. 

:hahaha:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I love how I was totally going to ask for self reasons for you to not drop your numbers until after my Survivors said in their picks, but then I realized it's not Friday yet. 

:hahaha:

Careful, he could ruin everything with an early Good Liar thurs num :ohmyzod:

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 2

1 hour ago, Water Bottle said:

Frozen II is made primarily for kids. Like it's fine to like something that's meant for kids. All the power to you, heck I like Zootopia and Inside Out. But I'm not hyped for Zootopia 2 or Inside Out 2 at all. I am excited to check out the Tom Hanks movie coming out this weekend. That looks interesting.

Yes and no...I find the animation medium one which allows immersion which is almost impossible in any other medium.  You truly can let go and follow any story that medium wants to tell b/c it plays to your imagination from the opening scene - you have to buy into the world from the 1st second, and can just go and feel so deeply in those movies...

It's why musicals work so well in the genre...between the animation and the music, you truly are in a new world...

Now, kids are better at imagining, so they tend to like these movies better...but many animations, particularly Disney ones, aren't made "for kids" - they are made for a 2-102 audience willing to submerge themselves in the stories,,,

I mean, I have the original Lion King and Toys 3 in my top 5 movies of all time...and I watched them as a non-child:)...no opening scene has ever topped the power and majesty of The Lion King in the years since I've seen it...

And Disney doesn't hold the market on powerful 2-102 animation...I still think Kubo and The Two Strings was spectacular, and I cried at the end...the ending scenes still are so moving...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Bite me. 

Im a 22 year old straight male who has opening night tickets to Frozen 2.

Bite me. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Eric Plus said:

21 Bridges Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report Final Count

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 0 30 582 4,036 14.42%

Comp

0.785x of Gemini Man (1.26M)

0.860x of Black and Blue (580K)

1.178x of Harriet (707K)

15 minutes ago, Eric Plus said:

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report Final Count

TOTALS 0 25 237 3,464 6.84%

Total Seats Sold Today: 106

Comp

0.125x of Once Upon (723K)

2.756x of Racing in Rain (1.24M)

0.386x of Downton Abbey (810K)

1.370x of Last Christmas (788K)

0.594x of Ford v Ferrari (1.25M)

1 minute ago, Eric Plus said:

Frozen II Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report Final Count

TOTALS 0 114 3,361 21,428 15.69%

Total Seats Sold Today: 1,012

Comp

14.938x of Abominable (9.71M)

10.185x of Addams Family (12.73M)

4.822x of Maleficent (11.09M)

Adjusted Comp

0.362x of Lion King (8.33M)

Stuff from the Buzz & Tracking Thread for people to sink their teeth into.

• Like 2

I’m a 23 year old straight male who would have opening night tickets to Frozen 2, except I currently reside in the middle of nowhere. But still, opening weekend at least.

Bite me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2