Eric Duncan

FROZEN II WEEKEND THREAD | 130.26M OW | BLACK FRIDAY WEEK SALE: Gold Accounts 25% OFF | I like warm hugs and I cannot lie | No Knives Out Spoilers :)

27 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

If this happens;

book me for 530-550, but the film could pull a Ralph as I find it very mediocre. It's neither all out kids pleaser, nor music is good enough to keep adults going.

In fact I fucking hated the music. :gold:

to be fair i think there's a lot of room between these projections (18.5% sun drop, 142 ow, 100 2nd weekend, etc) and pulling a Ralph2 :)

• Like 1

Just now, Jedi Jat said:

if a Fri od would have upped WIR2's ow from 56+ to 65 odd, it would barely have crossed 3x multi.

WIR2's beyond compare atm for F2. there are other pessimistic comps probably much more realistic than WIR2's trash legs.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Yes. It has 2 holidays. Frozen did a shitton during Xmas stretch. It's going to leg it out. 

True. If Jon Favreau’s TLK could hit $543M DOM with a lower RT-rating, yet with summer legs, then Frozen 2’s Winter legs will get at least over Bill Condon’s live action BATB’s $504M DOM.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

It will last another decade as long as you mean it in the “another 38 days” sense. Otherwise Thorly not.

Yeah, it'd be a bit disappointing if L&T couldn't get the November record after Thor became so much more popular and Ragnarok itself did 123 million.

6 minutes ago, a2k said:

if a Fri od would have upped WIR2's ow from 56+ to 65 odd, it would barely have crossed 3x multi.

WIR2's beyond compare atm for F2. there are other pessimistic comps probably much more realistic than WIR2's trash legs.

It does at least give a decent comp going forward as many assumed much better legs from Ralph initially.  

Also for those running numbers through weekend 2 dont forget that Saturday will be flat or barely down and Sunday will be around -40 to -50. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

True. If Jon Favreau’s TLK could hit $543M DOM with a lower RT-rating, yet with summer legs, then Frozen 2’s Winter legs will get at least over Bill Condon’s live action BATB’s $504M DOM.

TLK will definitely hit 600m 2.0...... not saying 500m isnt an option it definitely is but its not locked. 

Legs for Frozen 2 once Xmas comes...

That might actually depend on a bunch of factors - like how well does Frozen 2 hold through Star Wars and how well/big Star Wars opens...how well Jumanji 2 opens...what Spies in Disguise is looking to do (not counting Playmobil - that's obviously DOA)...what Cats and Little Women are looking to do, since they will outrightly steal the 25+ female and musical audiences...

I mean, 2 weeks ago, everyone was saying Last Christmas was gonna have spectacular legs through Xmas...and I said its low opening vs the other movies it opened with and the enormous amount of releases wouldn't keep it in enough theaters long enough to do so...I predicted possibly a 50% theater loss by Thanksgiving...well, its already more than halfway to that goal in its 3rd weekend...

So, there's no "knowing Frozen legs" until we see how it does through Thanksgiving and that Monday after (since completely dead weekdays combined with a likely huge Disney take is gonna work against it)...

• Like 2

Just now, narniadis said:

TLK will definitely hit 600m 2.0...... not saying 500m isnt an option it definitely is but its not locked. 

The word locked is overused on this site. You can personally have confidence in your prediction without saying "locked", which diminishes the inherently unpredictable nature of the BO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

The word locked is overused on this site. You can personally have confidence in your prediction without saying "locked", which diminishes the inherently unpredictable nature of the BO.

Yup, problem is getting people to actually articulate their predictions instead of saying "my gut" 😂😂 lion King was a perfect example.