Eric Duncan

FROZEN II WEEKEND THREAD | 130.26M OW | BLACK FRIDAY WEEK SALE: Gold Accounts 25% OFF | I like warm hugs and I cannot lie | No Knives Out Spoilers :)

6 minutes ago, AndyK said:

What's the biggest Friday for a kids animated movie ?

I would imagine unadjusted its Incredibles 2.... 

At 71m I cant fathom another Animated film with a day that large. 

Edited by narniadis
  • Like 2

I wonder how BOM is doing traffic wise. I’d visit that site daily in the past. But the new design is tragic as hell and doesn’t give you the information that you’d actually want. Visited it once since the change and haven’t visited back since. On the other side of the coin, I wonder how big of an increase The-Numbers has seen in traffic. But the biggest question of all that I have to BOM is: was it worth it? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I would imagine unadjusted its Incredibles 2.... 

At 71m I cant fathom another Animated film with a day that large. 

Yeah by a huge margin. #2 is Finding Dory with 54 million,  #3 is the notable flop TS4 with 47 million, #4 Minions at 46 million. Funny how all of these opened during the summer when Fridays for family movies are most boosted.

• Like 3

Quick update on Day 2. MTC1 is bossing MTC2 at last. Already from tickets perspective its like 26% from yesterday I think benefiting from Fan shows as well. MTC2 had no fan shows and so increase is not much at this point. But my last run at 10 minutes past noon it was 5% ahead of friday finish.

That said average ticket price is way lower as 30% of tickets are for shows before noon. even if you assume 100% of adult tickets for both the days its only up like 4.5% overall. But I am 100% sure the kids tickets will be way up today and so overall $ value should be lower. How much lower I dont have a clue and so we need update from @RthTIFF or @Jedi Jat I will update later this evening from ticket perspective.

That said if it sells same amount of tickets from this point onwards(after all evenings wont be any different) it will end up 45% higher from tickets perspective. But I think it will finish around 50% up from tickets and 35-40% up in gross.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, AndyK said:

I don't actually class Incredibles as a kids movie.

Then is Finding Dory with 54m as @Menor pointed out. Frozen would rank 4 or 5 depending on what one counts and again, all are summer films. Frozen will potentially be gunning for #2 overall if it comes in over 58.8 on Saturday (which again belongs to I2).

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Menor said:

Yeah by a huge margin. #2 is Finding Dory with 54 million,  #3 is the notable flop TS4 with 47 million, #4 Minions at 46 million. Funny how all of these opened during the summer when Fridays for family movies are most boosted.

What interesting is that if you think about it, Despicable Me 2 would be #3 or #4 IF it had opened on a Friday - as evidenced by Minions.... its 35m Wednesday was Phenomenal back then and it followed up with another 30m on Friday alone. 

7 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Then is Finding Dory with 54m as @Menor pointed out. Frozen would rank 4 or 5 depending on what one counts and again, all are summer films. Frozen will potentially be gunning for #2 overall if it comes in over 58.8 on Saturday (which again belongs to I2).

Yes Dory is def a kids movie, but kids were on summer break when it was released.

I think today will be huge for F2, but the Friday # wasn't at all surprising to me being a school day which must limit numbers.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, narniadis said:

58.8? That seems a bit much to ask. Especially with @keysersoze123's latest update.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

Quick update on Day 2. MTC1 is bossing MTC2 at last. Already from tickets perspective its like 26% from yesterday I think benefiting from Fan shows as well. MTC2 had no fan shows and so increase is not much at this point. But my last run at 10 minutes past noon it was 5% ahead of friday finish.

That said average ticket price is way lower as 30% of tickets are for shows before noon. even if you assume 100% of adult tickets for both the days its only up like 4.5% overall. But I am 100% sure the kids tickets will be way up today and so overall $ value should be lower. How much lower I dont have a clue and so we need update from @RthTIFF or @Jedi Jat I will update later this evening from ticket perspective.

That said if it sells same amount of tickets from this point onwards(after all evenings wont be any different) it will end up 45% higher from tickets perspective. But I think it will finish around 50% up from tickets and 35-40% up in gross.

So, something like 

$8.5M Thurs

$33.3M Fri 

$46.6M Sat (40% - using higher gross guess b/c we think Disney slightly lowballed Friday)

$35.0M Sun (25% drop - b/c it seems to be this Sunday's thing:)

Total $123.4M

Edited by TwoMisfits

15 minutes ago, Menor said:

58.8? That seems a bit much to ask. Especially with @keysersoze123's latest update.

Not saying it will (Don't think it will either) just showing where it could land. 54m is single day #3 (also I2/FD) so anything over 50m makes it in the top 5 days for animated films period.

Edited for clarity - not thinking it hits 50m either @TwoMisfits 46.6 is a good goal - thinking it could go to 48m on the upper, but it really depends on the silly ATP as Keyser points out.

Edited by narniadis

1 hour ago, Royce said:

It bothers me that Wikipedia has TLK 2019 as the highest grossing "animated" film

Hide contents

That shit isn't even a movie

I still can’t believe so many parents forced their kids to watch a VFX test demo they obviously hated