Eric Duncan

FROZEN II WEEKEND THREAD | 130.26M OW | BLACK FRIDAY WEEK SALE: Gold Accounts 25% OFF | I like warm hugs and I cannot lie | No Knives Out Spoilers :)

Moderation: While many posters on this board are long standing and very knowledgeable about how the box office works, not all are. We have many posters who are new and those who do not yet know much. Even experienced posters do not know everything and may slip up now and then or ask questions the answers to which may seem obvious to some. 

This DOES NOT MEAN that any poster here gets to abuse or be condescending. If you cannot reply to a post in a civil manner, then don’t. It would be far more preferable if old and experienced users are more educative towards inexperienced posters rather than disparaging. 

Thank You

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

I've stopped taking this board seriously about animated films after a few users bemoaned how Toy Story 4 was going to underperform and not even make a billion.

This. I still remember the meltdowns over TS4 OW and then it went to outgross TS3 worldwide. Unfortunately, people still haven't learned their lesson from that.

Edited by UserHN

My friend and I both saw Frozen 2 today (Saturday). It was so so good. I would not mind watching it a second time.

The final parts of the film were definitely unexpected and surprising. We both cried a few times, but it was still an overall wonderful film.

Also, Lost In The Woods was a really good song.

And another thing: The animation was absolutely breathtaking.

Edited by Xftg123

I guess I should get around to watching the first Frozen all the way through before seeing the second one. I watched like 30-40 minutes but fell asleep and never found the motivation to finish it at the time. Are the songs any better this time around?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Curtis1986 said:

It's not a flop. I tr s not nit performing to it's full potential like many thought 3 days ago.

Its not performing to unnecessary expectations. There is a difference and its meeting and possibly exceeding tracking. 

There is a learning curve in this film for all of us, but that is what happens with unexplored territory which this film is. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Under 130 would be a bummer. Would probably be un-bummed about it by next Sun though.    

Also the OS results are glorious, so there’s that 😍

Chance it comes really close if the 53m holds. Thats already way higher than I was thinking for today. 

53m 

37m (-30%) means around 131. 

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

Under 130? From 53ish million Sat? I guess it could happen but would be a steep drop. 

I should clarify.    

I do not believe that it will be under 130. If it was, that would be a bummer OW for me though. Yes perhaps let myself get hyped too much, but I always knew that e.g. 140 was a realistic possibility. Something like 128 would not be a disaster, or a flop, or even weak per se, but it would be slightly under the cooler headed expectations as well as the excited ones. I think it’s entirely reasonable to be disappointed by it while also keeping in mind that it’s likely deflated by the calendar, which will give a boost to legs.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1