Eric Atreides

FROZEN II WEEKEND THREAD | 130.26M OW | BLACK FRIDAY WEEK SALE: Gold Accounts 25% OFF | I like warm hugs and I cannot lie | No Knives Out Spoilers :)

7 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

so corpse is a girl. of course.

@Porthos @Thanos Legion

NOPE. He faked out for a while as a girl. But was caught. This is like so long back from filmgasm days. I know him around for dozen years. It came out when he ran for admin elections against Lector at KJ when Eagle used to own the site and looked for someone else to admin.

I am part of KJ for more than dozen years and so I know all the drama that happened there.

https://www.worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=47336&p=1340809

for reference

My bad for call him she. It accidently happened as I imagined that for years until the truth came out 🙂

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 5
  • ...wtf 3

For some reason its taking eons to get data. So this is final for Day 2.

MTC1 - overall 7074 shows 656711/1223839 7716873.36 6553189.69 post 6PM 2917 shows 250196/529247 3430517.15 2760399.05 pre noon 1704 shows 146159/257740 1006387.21 1003249.90
MTC2 - overall 6950 shows 591568/1023663 5884549.00 post 6PM 2468 shows 183473/372326 2133897.00 845PM pre noon 1555 shows 125988/223235 985769.00

Amazing increase at the bigger MTC. both previews/od was below MTC2. Today it did much better. I guess people in big city waited until saturday to see the family movie 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

NOPE. He faked out for a while as a girl. But was caught. This is like so long back from filmgasm days. I know him around for dozen years. It came out when he ran for admin elections against Lector at KJ when Eagle used to own the site and looked for someone else to admin.

I am part of KJ for more than dozen years and so I know all the drama that happened there.

for reference

My bad for call him she. It accidently happened as I imagined that for years until the truth came out 🙂

Filmgasm.... theres a site I havent thought about in a long time.... goodness @filmlover that was eons ago. 

I remember the drama with Corpse and the fake out reveal.... so much drama then lol the old days when life was less hectic (or so it seemed)

Edited by narniadis
  • Like 3

For all the people who feel disappointed with Frozen's Opening , I need to remind you that Animation's box office run is a marathon run not a sprint one. You need to follow it until few weeks ahead to determine if it's a disappointment or not. Or at least just until next week ( considering it will be a long holiday weekend and I believe many families planned to watch it during this time ). 

Earlier , same things happened with TS4 and it taught us about this kind of run. Perhaps this is the right time for us to learn from that and to be more aware about that could be a similar situation with Frozen 2 so we don't make the same mistake again. TS4 didn't die being bullied only to outgrossed its predecessor for  nothing , folks. 

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

for reference

Lol that admin election mess was such an iconic disaster.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

Frozen 2: 51

FvF: 6.75

BDN: 5.15

21B: 3.55

Thanks Charlie!

Disappointed in the ABDITN and 21B numbers. Thought they both could do a little better this weekend, especially the latter.

The F2 number on the other hand is fantastic! How much spillover do you anticipate for tomorrow? If it can manage a 20% drop or better then Sunday will stay over $40M.

@narniadis always great to see you as well fellow old timer! :D

16 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Thanks Charlie!

Disappointed in the ABDITN and 21B numbers. Thought they both could do a little better this weekend, especially the latter.

The F2 number on the other hand is fantastic! How much spillover do you anticipate for tomorrow? If it can manage a 20% drop or better then Sunday will stay over $40M.

I imagine Frozen will see a slight drop tomorrow since it should remain killing it in matinees. Sub-25% seems likely and should assure a $130M+ opening (which would obviously be terrific).

• Like 1

Just now, Curtis1986 said:

Me to. I feel like both Little Women and Just Mercy could be suprises sleeper hits of December.

To be fair, Just Mercy will be making most of its cash in January but yeah could do well. 1917 could pull a Zero Dark Thirty and make a ton of money as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

I liked Little Women. A little sappy but it's a huge crowd pleaser. 

Knives Out on the other hand I found slightly underwhelming after all the raves. But audience dug it. Should be a nice-sized hit, but not a smash. 

Little Women and Just Mercy just seem like those holiday crowd pleaser type movies that  audiences eat up. Knives Out is getting great reviews and good word-of-mouth but I'm hearing a lot of people say is not exactly a crowd-pleaser that becomes huge hit. Should do well though.

Edited by Curtis1986
  • Like 1