Eric Duncan

FROZEN II WEEKEND THREAD | 130.26M OW | BLACK FRIDAY WEEK SALE: Gold Accounts 25% OFF | I like warm hugs and I cannot lie | No Knives Out Spoilers :)

23 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

FvF going for that sub-50% drop. It is a terrific film and deserves an even smaller drop, though.

Do you think people with no interests in car racing would enjoy it?

Edited by xiazhi

2 minutes ago, xiazhi said:

Do you think people with no interests in car racing would enjoy it?

Definitely. In fact, the best thing about the movie are the performances and chemistry between Bale and Damon, although the racing scenes are really well done too.

3 hours ago, tupek said:

Just one question: Do studios still give 3D share precentage for OWs?

Only on case-to-case basis, in the case of frozen, 

https://www.thewrap.com/hunger-games-catching-fire-frozen-make-history-thanksgiving-box-office/

Roughly 28 percent of the “Frozen” grosses came from 3D. That’s low — about 80 percent of the its 3,742 theaters were 3D — but in line with other recent Disney hits like “Monsters University” 24 percent) and “Wreck-It Ralph” (29 percent).

• Thanks 1

$51m is great for it. So it's at $92.8m so far. It'll likely hit $131m. I really think it's going to do insane business during Thanksgiving...I think that's when it'll explode and people realize it's actually going to do a lot more than the original.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SchumacherFTW said:

This weekend is fantastic, it feels like it's following pretty logical lines here. When was the last time we had an event animated movie of this size released outside of summer or a holiday weekend? 

For me personally I would say Shrek 2 and Shrek the Third because I don't count May as summer. I don't know about in the US but here in Canada everyone is still in school in mid-May. Otherwise, yeah, nothing really close. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

NOPE. He faked out for a while as a girl. But was caught. This is like so long back from filmgasm days. I know him around for dozen years. It came out when he ran for admin elections against Lector at KJ when Eagle used to own the site and looked for someone else to admin.

I am part of KJ for more than dozen years and so I know all the drama that happened there.

https://www.worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=47336&p=1340809

for reference

My bad for call him she. It accidently happened as I imagined that for years until the truth came out 🙂

Wait who were you on filmgasm?

2 hours ago, Curtis1986 said:

November's boxoffice have been boring. I hope something breaks out in December.

Jumanji should have solid retention, the affection for the last one is there, saw the new Jumanji trailer in front of a decent sized crowd last week and there was legit applause when Jack Black becomes Bethany again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

It is very possible that Frozen II will have the biggest opening weekend ever in Japan. As in ever.

The only issue with this is that Harry Potter and some Matrix movies  and I think some Star Wars movies had "previews" added to their weekend totals.

But Frozen II in terms of pure Saturday+Sunday, it's #1 easily. At least in recent years.

Edited by cannastop

130 for frozen 2 will be a great ow, yes it could have made more on its ow, but its still a very good start, and depending on the legs, we are looking at a great dom total, and its also kicking butt os , i dont think that anyone should be dissapointed , with a potential ww total of 1,3-1,4 ,lets not forget that its animated movie after all

• Like 1