Eric Duncan

FROZEN II WEEKEND THREAD | 130.26M OW | BLACK FRIDAY WEEK SALE: Gold Accounts 25% OFF | I like warm hugs and I cannot lie | No Knives Out Spoilers :)

1 hour ago, Jedi Jat said:

Friday: 42.15

Saturday: 49.5

+47.1% from 33.65 true fri

Needs 22.5% Sun drop to hit 130.

With 130 ow would need 3.85x to hit 500. Tough ask IMO, will target 475.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, steve141 said:

Sunday is going to be interesting. Corpse is reporting sales are up 5% from Saturday to Sunday in Japan.

Japan is a totally different market. Evening in Sunday is weaker than Saturday ( unless the next day is holiday) so at the end could be under.

In any case Corpse is also reporting about this is probably the biggest (true) single day ever there.

• Like 1

Assuming 440,000 for this Sunday's sample...

That's about 890,000 sampled tickets, which is only 70% of the market. So about 1,270,000 tickets overall. An average ticket price of 1,400 yen gives us 1.78 billion yen for Saturday+Sunday!

:ohmygod:

Just a 10x multiplier from that would make it the #8 film in Japanese history!

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

58 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Assuming 440,000 for this Sunday's sample...

That's about 890,000 sampled tickets, which is only 70% of the market. So about 1,270,000 tickets overall. An average ticket price of 1,400 yen gives us 1.78 billion yen for Saturday+Sunday!

:ohmygod:

Just a 10x multiplier from that would make it the #8 film in Japanese history!

Oh btw, this is just Knives Out opening in Japan. Just imagine Frozen II's! :ph34r:

• Like 1

I honestly don't think following the domestic BO of Frozen 2 is very useful for now, we know next weekend will play a major role with many waiting till then to watch it. It'll be all about legs.

In the meantime the international gross is more interesting.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I honestly don't think following the domestic BO of Frozen 2 is very useful for now, we know next weekend will play a major role with many waiting till then to watch it. It'll be all about legs.

In the meantime the international growth is more interesting.

I’m most interested in the international numbers at this point. I’ve heard Saturday has been huge in a lot of markets so it’ll be interesting where it lands after the weekend is over. 

• Like 1

Given the opening weekend levels internationally, including countries that are good proxies for the US one can assume the different that is likely due to next weekend being Thanksgiving.  After Black Friday I think we will see things differently.  And ~130M is great anyway

• Like 1