Eric Atreides

FROZEN II WEEKEND THREAD | 130.26M OW | BLACK FRIDAY WEEK SALE: Gold Accounts 25% OFF | I like warm hugs and I cannot lie | No Knives Out Spoilers :)

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

Dory's OW was very impressive. May be the power of Ellen de degeneres as well. I2 I wont call it a kids flick. It was animated SH sequel releasing after 13 years. So it was bound to explode.

Finding Nemo might've been Pixar's most popular movie outside of the Toy Story movies over the years. The sequel was bound to be an enormous hit.

• Like 1

F2 could finish anywhere between 350mil and 450mil. I know people want to assume good legs but it's honestly in a pretty similar position that The Good Dinosaur was, opening a month before a Star Wars film with unenthusiastic reviews. But obviously it's in no danger of bombing. 

Edited by tribefan695

Just now, filmlover said:

Finding Nemo might've been Pixar's most popular movie outside of the Toy Story movies over the years. The sequel was bound to be an enormous hit.

But the movie felt one off and almost everyone felt the sequel was redundant. I loved dory but dont see fanbase driving it. I think strong reviews did help for sure. But Pixar has strong fanbase among adults who do come and see it OW. That is why even Inside Out had huge OW. Next year that will be tested with Onward and Soul.

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

But the movie felt one off and almost everyone felt the sequel was redundant. I loved dory but dont see fanbase driving it. I think strong reviews did help for sure. But Pixar has strong fanbase among adults who do come and see it OW. That is why even Inside Out had huge OW. Next year that will be tested with Onward and Soul.

both onward and soul have big potential