Eric Atreides

FROZEN II WEEKEND THREAD | 130.26M OW | BLACK FRIDAY WEEK SALE: Gold Accounts 25% OFF | I like warm hugs and I cannot lie | No Knives Out Spoilers :)

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

But the movie felt one off.

That's what helped Dory tbh. The fact it was a chance to see these characters again after so much time had passed and it's not like they had put out shorts or anything during that time, making it feel more special.

• Like 1

Just now, tribefan695 said:

Soul seems a lot more of a sure thing than Onward, which is opening in an unconventional timeframe for Pixar with a director with an unremarkable pedigree. Both Pixar and WDA are heading into very uncertain futures.

doesnt make much difference, other than toy story,incredible and frozen they dont have franchises, and they are just fine without these too

23 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

BOMB.  

Image result for bomb gif"

It's going to make a ton of money. It's not a bomb. Don't be ridiculous.

On another note, Joker is gonna push for 1.05 billion, 250 million above basically every optimistic estimate. People laughed at the 300m domestic club, now even a 350m club wouldn't have looked silly.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

doesnt make much difference, other than toy story,incredible and frozen they dont have franchises, and they are just fine without these too

The earlier mentioned Good Dinosaur is proof that that isn't always the case. I will grant that Onward doesn't seem to have had the same kind of production drama.

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

But the movie felt one off and almost everyone felt the sequel was redundant. I loved dory but dont see fanbase driving it. I think strong reviews did help for sure. But Pixar has strong fanbase among adults who do come and see it OW. That is why even Inside Out had huge OW. Next year that will be tested with Onward and Soul.

Coming from somebody who grew up in the 2000s during Pixar's heyday, I can definitely tell you that Pixar is big with people my age, and Nemo especially. It was the one movie every kid at the time watched at least once, and it came out just when nostalgia for 2000s properties started to kick in.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

That's what helped Dory tbh. The fact it was a chance to see these characters again after so much time had passed and it's not like they had put out shorts or anything during that time, making it feel more special.

The last shot of Dory makes me think its going to have a series at Disney+. Dont know when they will announce that.

10 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

F2 could finish anywhere between 350mil and 450mil. I know people want to assume good legs but it's honestly in a pretty similar position that The Good Dinosaur was, opening a month before a Star Wars film with unenthusiastic reviews. But obviously it's in no danger of bombing. 

A 2.75x multi?  Not likely at all

TGD opened

1) Considerably lower so it lost screens faster

2) Opened the Wed before Thanksgiving instead of the week before

3) Did not have the prior huge fan base of Frozen

• Like 2

Disney's decision to move Frozen up from Thanksgiving is probably gonna end up being for the best since it's gonna be making a ton of money over the next week. Next year they'll be returning to the long holiday weekend with Raya and the Last Dragon (they also have an animated movie currently set for Thanksgiving Weekend 2021 but they just dated a live-action movie for the weekend before - chances of it being The Little Mermaid? 100% - so that's probably about to change).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

3) Did not have the prior huge fan base of Frozen

And a prior fan base wouldn't result in frontload?

Look, I don't expect its legs will be as dreadful as TGD's, but I think finishing under the first isn't out of the question.

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

And a prior fan base wouldn't result in frontload?

Look, I don't expect its legs will be as dreadful as TGD's, but I think finishing under the first isn't out of the question.

Only way that happens is with a bad drop next week. Good luck with. I expect an insane next 7 days.

12 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

It's going to make a tony of money. It's not a bomb. Don't be ridiculous.

On another note, Joker is gonna push for 1.05 billion, 250 million above basically every optimistic estimate. People laughed at the 300m domestic club, now even a 350m club wouldn't have looked silly.

yeah i know it's gonna make money but let's not pretend like we are were expecting much bigger numbers.  Me calling it a bomb was just hyperbole anyways.