Eric Duncan

FROZEN II WEEKEND THREAD | 130.26M OW | BLACK FRIDAY WEEK SALE: Gold Accounts 25% OFF | I like warm hugs and I cannot lie | No Knives Out Spoilers :)

Quick non spoiler thoughts about Frozen 2

-We really need to have a conversation about Elsa. I can’t remember the last time an animated character was developed the way she was. I don’t want to give away details but dare I say she’s my favorite animated character of all time? 
-The movie takes a darker route for the better imo It’s like the people behind the movie knew that not only have the audience members gotten more mature but the characters themselves have too so they made sure to make the tone of the film reflect that. 
-The songs are so much better in the film versus the first. I don’t think there is a Let It Go but as a whole the music is better. Although Show Yourself is coming for that Oscar. Guess getting CGId into a cat isn’t gonna get a certain pop star the Oscar she wanted :ph34r:

*Edit to say that there is actually more than one song worthy of Oscars. That’s how good the music is. 

-Overall I loved this movie much better than the first on initial viewing. Let’s see how it holds up overtime as Frozen is one of my favorite animation films (hell films in general) of all time. 

*My audience absolutely loved it. Not as many kids in my showing cause it was a bit later but people clapped at the end and walking out the theater I heard people talking about how much they loved it. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Hate to be an ignorant turd, but could someone please tell me what MTC1 and MTC2 mean? 

Major Theater Chain 1

Major Theater Chain 2 

*You’re not an ignorant turd for asking this question lol* 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The preview numbers are going to be low relative to expectations. People will freak out. Then Saturday and Sunday will hit. 

Then Thanksgiving weekend will hit. 

This may not hit monster numbers THIS weekend but its legs are going to be nice due to a holiday weekend in its second weekend and pretty much no competition until Christmas. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Nova said:

The preview numbers are going to be low relative to expectations. People will freak out. Then Saturday and Sunday will hit. 

Then Thanksgiving weekend will hit. 

This may not hit monster numbers THIS weekend but its legs are going to be nice due to a holiday weekend in its second weekend and pretty much no competition until Christmas. 

Should you even expect high preview numbers for an animated movie in the first place? 

The Frozen audience is mostly unlikely to watch movies at midnight.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

Should you even expect high preview numbers for an animated movie in the first place? 

The Frozen audience is mostly unlikely to watch movies at midnight.. 

You shouldn't, and the presales bear that out, but from some of the comments here it looks like some people haven't realized that the previews are by far the least important part of the weekend here.

• Like 7