Eric Atreides

FROZEN II WEEKEND THREAD | 130.26M OW | BLACK FRIDAY WEEK SALE: Gold Accounts 25% OFF | I like warm hugs and I cannot lie | No Knives Out Spoilers :)

8 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Corpse
https://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2248736#p2248736

177156_2.jpg

My Weekend Estimate for Frozen II:

2-Day Opening Weekend: ¥1.700 billion ($15.7 million) / 1,260,000 admissions.
3-Day Total: ¥2.025 billion ($18.6 million) / 1,490,000 admissions.

Records:

*Biggest Animated Film Opening Weekend Ever - Revenue.
*Biggest Opening Weekend For An Imported Animated Film - Revenue.
*Biggest Opening Weekend For An Imported Animated Film - Admissions.
*Biggest Disney Opening Weekend Ever - Revenue.
*Biggest Disney Opening Weekend Ever - Admissions.
*Biggest Animated Film Opening Weekend In November.

Other Notable Accomplishments:

*Biggest Opening Weekend Since 2007 - Revenue.
*Second Biggest Opening Weekend Since 2007 - Admissions.
*Second Biggest Animated Film Opening Weekend Ever - Admissions.
*Second Biggest November Opening Weekend.
*Seventh Animated Film to Ever Debut Above 1,000,000 Admissions.
*Thirteenth Overall Film to Ever Debut Above 1,000,000 Admissions.

There's probably some more, but these are off the top of my head and 100% certain. I might add to this list tomorrow.

While this is impressive but to me its least impressive. it breaking out in korea or japan was not a shocker. It was given considering how big the last movie was. But its numbers in some of the other asian markets was more impressive. Europe/LA is also shown huge growth and so 1B OS looks good at this point.

• Like 1

Just now, john2000 said:

no mate, i know you are a very good and kind user, ,it was my fault sorry :)

Also I am a disney stock holder for a while. Though this movie will not dent its stock price a lot, I could see them add a disney + olaf show in the future. That is the biggest future growth potential once they launch it WW. I see disney stock double in next 3 years. So buying more of it when ever I see it slide down a bit 🙂

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

While this is impressive but to me its least impressive. it breaking out in korea or japan was not a shocker. It was given considering how big the last movie was. But its numbers in some of the other asian markets was more impressive. Europe/LA is also shown huge growth and so 1B OS looks good at this point.

1  billion os for an animated film would be huge, and while i dont think that neither this or 500 million   are even likely , i would say that the movie has a chance (we will see how big) to hit 1,5 billion  not that  it will for sure of course

• Like 1

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

Also I am a disney stock holder for a while. Though this movie will not dent its stock price a lot, I could see them add a disney + olaf show in the future. That is the biggest future growth potential once they launch it WW. I see disney stock double in next 3 years. So buying more of it when ever I see it slide down a bit 🙂

would you mind if you sent me how did you get stock and everything, bc i want info, would you mind ?

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

would you mind if you sent me how did you get stock and everything, bc i want info, would you mind ?

I buy it in my IRA account. but irrespective of where you are you should be able to buy. So many sites to buy these. There is interactivebroxers who operate almost WW.

But let me insert a usual caveat. Please dont take stock buying advice. You need to do due diligence before investing in any company. But best way to start is to look at companies you know very well like Apple, Google or Disney or any other company like that. look at how they did in past several years(Revenue, EPS, FCF etc) and also look at future potential from their 10K/10Q reports. Also there are analysts who deep dive on these companies.

But there is a risk of recession in near future. So never go all in. Put small pie in and do it periodically rather than doing in one big block.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Eric Plus I mean, Frozen 2 is the big movie, it's a blockbuster. More blockbusters take up the screens since they're the huge things right now. I saw Frozen 2 yesterday and there were more showtimes for that film compared to Harriet, Ford V Ferrari, and A Beautiful Day. Of course, that's because those films have less screens compared to Frozen 2, which is at over 4000.

44 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Joker will get a 3.4 multiplier soon. Most big movies would kill for those legs.

FIFY. Joker did amazing. Especially considering it's a depressing film that doesn't make you feel even a little bit good. 

• Like 2

Quick update on F3. I just ran MTC1 but its almost at 63% final yesterday. Of course yesterday my process took so much time that the last run started around 830PM. Still I dont see drop more than say 23% at this point. i will confirm the evening more accurate number. Pre noon shows dropped just 10% at MTC1. But slow down will happen for evening.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

FIFY. Joker did amazing. Especially considering it's a depressing film that doesn't make you feel even a little bit good. 

I totally understand why people predicted that it's legs would be poor. That was a fair assumption to make.

I would quote Magnus@KJ projections for possible F2 run.

projecting out ahead, I probably put Frozen 10-day to be 2-2.2x its 3-day so that would mean a 255m-280m projection. I would probably put its total to be 1.5x-1.65x of its 10-day so then that leaves us with 380m-460m total.

So there's still a ways to go and there's a ways to go. Though I do think this opening probably shuts the door on 500m+ barring some major turnaround and absurd Christmas legs.

I would say 130/410 finish. Edited by keysersoze123
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Eric Plus said:

What a ridiculous headline (middlebrow and mid-budget don't mean the same thing, NYT). In this scenario, if Frozen 2 is playing on 5-6 screens, that leaves 10 playing something else. I just looked at 13-plex closest to my job, besides Frozen 2, today they're playing 21 Bridges, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, The Good Liar, Last Christmas, Harriet and even one screening of Black and Blue. I didn't even count Ford v Ferrari or Midway given that their budgets might push them into "blockbuster" territory. The weekly counts show non-blockbusters routinely being released in thousands of theaters. Do they play as much as comic book adaptations or franchise movies, maybe not, but it's not nothing and theaters will keep playing what people show up to see.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

What a ridiculous headline (middlebrow and mid-budget don't mean the same thing, NYT). In this scenario, if Frozen 2 is playing on 5-6 screens, that leaves 10 playing something else. I just looked at 13-plex closest to my job, besides Frozen 2, today they're playing 21 Bridges, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, The Good Liar, Last Christmas, Harriet and even one screening of Black and Blue. I didn't even count Ford v Ferrari or Midway given that their budgets might push them into "blockbuster" territory. The weekly counts show non-blockbusters routinely being released in thousands of theaters. Do they play as much as comic book adaptations or franchise movies, maybe not, but it's not nothing and theaters will keep playing what people show up to see.

The media really does suck nowadays. Clickbait headlines and misinformation run rampant.

• Like 1

I honestly refuse to believe that Frozen was any less of a phenomenon in North America than it was world wide. It sold so much on home media. It's domestic performance should be on par with Overseas, the fact that it isn't is probably due to Thanksgiving.

Also we can't determine what it's WOM will be from 1st weekend or reviews. I mean TLJ had an A rating on cinema score and still had horrible legs. Let's wait before this whole doom and gloom.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric Plus said:

It really is annoying. 

Admissions in the US are way down since the peak in the early 2000's and still, the number of screens are way up. 

The experience of really sold out shows is getting rarer and rarer due to that fact. 

And even in the early 2002's, half of a LOTR copy ran through multiple screens, I don't get what their point is.

Digital cinema made it easier, but that didn't stop them from doing the same 20 or 30 years ago when Multiplexes were on the rise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alli said:

HA  reminds of Jussie Smollett. telling lies to incite hatred. and people believe this screenwriter. incredible!

That really infuriated me. It should put people on notice that a large portion of both black and white people want a fight and they want the racial tension. People are bored and want something to fight for or against. There will always be horrible instances of racism, sexism etc. because some people are horrible. It's that simple. But there isn't this widespread issue like some people like to pretend there is. They know it too, which is why some try to actually manufacture it!

• Like 2