Eric Atreides

FROZEN II WEEKEND THREAD | 130.26M OW | BLACK FRIDAY WEEK SALE: Gold Accounts 25% OFF | I like warm hugs and I cannot lie | No Knives Out Spoilers :)

30 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Ultron -> Infinity war

IW -> EG

Homecoming -> FFH

Hunger Game -> CF

Lion King -> Lion King

Furious 6 -> Furious 7 

Jurassic Park III -> Jurassic World

Harry Potter 7 -> Harry Potter 8

Incredibles -> Incredibles 2 

Finding Nemo -> Finding Dory

Jumanji -> Jumanji 2

Star Wars: Revenge of sith -> TFA

Despicable Me -> Despicable me 2

I should've been more specific. I meant between the first movie of the franchise and its sequel (there's only two movies in that list that satisfies that and there's also GOTG) because those perform a lot differently relative to its predecessor compared to the sequel to the 6th movie of a franchise. Even without that, you only have 5 movies there that really answer my question. The rest are over a decade apart and one of those isn't even a sequel.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I should've been more specific. I meant between the first movie of the franchise and its sequel (there's only two movies in that list that satisfies that) because those perform a lot differently. Even without that, you only have 5 movies there that really answer my question. The rest are over a decade apart and one of those isn't even a sequel.

Yeah, like I don't think Dory really counts as much of an increase. Finding Nemo was much more of a relative hit back in 2003.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Noctis said:

The Lion King did $1.6b...and while many critics and people here did not like the film, the general public largely did. So let's not pretend it would have done much more if it were critically acclaimed. 

Nothing to do with critics, but trailers and audience, the franchise had enough strength to beat EndGame in many markets, even reach some all time high in some, if the movie would have been a good one (and not being a sequel or anything had 0 resistance), sky were pretty much the limit for this.

Good trailers/audience reception and it should have gone over 2B easily.

• Like 3

Frozen2 revised estimates

Date Rank Gross % Change Theaters Per Theater Total Gross Days
Nov 22, 2019 1 $41,800,000   4,440 $9,414   $41,800,000 1
Nov 23, 2019 1 $49,800,000 +19% 4,440 $11,216   $91,600,000 2
Nov 24, 2019 1 $38,400,000 -23% 4,440 $8,649   $130,000,000 3

Edited by a2k
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

dom +3 and os +5 from estimates

5th Update, Monday AM: Frozen 2 is coming in exactly where we expected to: $130M. Disney reported that the sequel to the 2013 movie had a better Sunday than they anticipated, $38.4M to yesterday morning’s $35.4M which put their 3-day at $127M. Frozen 2 scored the best November opening for an animated pic ever at the domestic B.O, exceeding 2004’s The Incredibles ($70.4M) and it’s the fifth highest stateside opening for the fall month ever. Worldwide, Frozen 2 is a record opening for an animated pic, hands downs with a revised upward take of $228.2M international, $358.2M global.

https://deadline.com/2019/11/frozen-2-opening-weekend-box-office-tom-hanks-mister-rogers-movie-21-bridges-1202792831/

Edited by a2k

15 minutes ago, Menor said:

Yeah, like I don't think Dory really counts as much of an increase. Finding Nemo was much more of a relative hit back in 2003.

How do you figure? Nemo peaked at DOM 10 and Dory at DOM 8.    

Catching Fire 10 vs THG 14. Gotg2 27 vs Gotg 31. So all real increases relative to the time imo.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

let's do OS-Europe?

More markets are listed on Mojo because those are the markets that get reported on Mojo, majorly European markets. In term of tickets sold, Ultron may be par TFA.

You can't use more and more qualifiers to justify your point lol. Besides it's a subjective opinion anyways as to what deserves a place in the 2bn club or not. Regardless, TFA was one of the most successful movie of all time and SW deserves a spot there. 

• Like 1

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

How do you figure? Nemo peaked at DOM 10 and Dory at DOM 8.    

Catching Fire 10 vs THG 14. Gotg2 27 vs Gotg 31. So all real increases relative to the time imo.

Forgot to eliminate 3D rerelease so Dory indeed bumped from Nemo DOM. But Nemo's performance OS was a lot more impressive for the time period.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, narniadis said:

In his opinion  It will be a disaster since he has clearly made it plain that he expected 600m as the end goal. I think I have found another one to add to my ignore list since Id rather not be known for bad behavior consistently. 

lol at putting people on ignore because they have a different opinion. You should move to China!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

lol at putting people on ignore because they have a different opinion. You should move to China!

I have no one on ignore, I like to see all opinion good and bad..

Circklejerks are boring. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I have no one on ignore, I like to see all opinion good and bad..

Circklejerks are boring. 

same tbh - even with people that have personally attacked me. But if someone wants to ignore me that's their choice! 

• Like 2