Eric Atreides

FROZEN II WEEKEND THREAD | 130.26M OW | BLACK FRIDAY WEEK SALE: Gold Accounts 25% OFF | I like warm hugs and I cannot lie | No Knives Out Spoilers :)

7 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Should you even expect high preview numbers for an animated movie in the first place? 

The Frozen audience is mostly unlikely to watch movies at midnight.. 

yes and no. Movies like TLK and Incredibles 2 has shown you can have high preview numbers BUT animated movies have better IMs typically which is why they can do really low preview wise and still have great OW. I think Frozen 2 will fall somewhere in the middle. 

• Like 3

Fandango pre-sales for animated family films would be really goofy if Frozen 2 couldn't match Toy Story 4's  Thursday previews (which was 12M iirc), on the other hand TS4 also beat Incredibles II in first 24 hours pre-sales on Fandango but wasn't anywhere close in the actual weekend. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Fandango pre-sales for animated family films would be really goofy if Frozen 2 couldn't match Toy Story 4's  Thursday previews (which was 12M iirc), on the other hand TS4 also beat Incredibles II in first 24 hours pre-sales on Fandango but wasn't anywhere close in the actual weekend. 

Not exactly. Frozen 2 has next weekend that could be inflating its presales. 

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Pre-sales don’t just include tickets sold for previews.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Nope, that would be like griping about force awakens not hitting 100m in previews since it presold that amount. 

Saturday is by far the best presale day for Frozen and again, one big fact all the TS4 / TLK people keep forgetting is that those 2 films opened in the heat of summer. Completely different financial market. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I don't get how TS4 has bigger opening than F2, the buzz for F2 is stronger than TS4. I guess TS4 demo is much older than ..... 

Way way older. I was 10 when TS1 came out. 35 when TS4 was released with a 5 year old.

Edited by cdsacken

42 minutes ago, Nova said:

yes and no. Movies like TLK and Incredibles 2 has shown you can have high preview numbers BUT animated movies have better IMs typically which is why they can do really low preview wise and still have great OW. I think Frozen 2 will fall somewhere in the middle. 

Movies like TLK and I2 show basically nothing about this situation since they’re non-schoolweek.   

Relatedly, Thursday previews are a way smaller % of F2 presales than for TS4 or I2 or TLK, etc. If previews are 75% of TS4 (as currently expected) will still beat handily for the OW.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

6 years passed, i can still remember how I kept playing Let It Go non-stop in the shopping mall that I worked with just to see those annoyed faces and the Frozen's haters suffered.  

Or perhaps to test their limits and see who breaked through? 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

People need more Disney songs in their life as they only see negative things and pessimism all over the place. 

Frozen 2 is the cure 😎😎😎

Disney is a pretty cynical corporation man, haha. You could have just said "good songs" or something

• Like 1
  • Haha 1