Eric Atreides

FROZEN II WEEKEND THREAD | 130.26M OW | BLACK FRIDAY WEEK SALE: Gold Accounts 25% OFF | I like warm hugs and I cannot lie | No Knives Out Spoilers :)

32 minutes ago, a2k said:

Joker fell 26% on Thu. Hopefully recovers to cross 3m over the weekend.

+150%, +55%, -35% FSS gives it 2.94m.

Looks like everything had brutal Thursday drops besides that movie for old people. Counter-programming didn't work after all, that's very sad :( I honestly have no idea how Doctor Sleep target audience could overlap with Frozen 2 target audience, but here's that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Firepower said:

Looks like everything had brutal Thursday drops besides that movie for old people. Counter-programming didn't work after all, that's very sad :( I honestly have no idea how Doctor Sleep target audience could overlap with Frozen 2 target audience, but here's that.

To some degree it’s just getting showtimes slammed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Firepower said:

A lot of movies had their final shows of the day in the afternoon yesterday due to three new movies (Frozen 2 especially taking up a lot of screens) arriving last night.

• Like 1

At this point, Disney is so late for preview reporting, I have to think Frozen 2 did fall in single digits...and Disney wants to wait for the great Friday numbers before releasing the Thursday ones, so the media stays positive...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

At this point, Disney is so late for preview reporting, I have to think Frozen 2 did fall in single digits...and Disney wants to wait for the great Friday numbers before releasing the Thursday ones, so the media stays positive...

Single digits has been almost assured for like 10 hours now. Disney should just release 8.8 and let people freak out about missing 100 or some nonsense. Would make the 150 so much more fun.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

55 minutes ago, filmlover said:

That seems solid all things considered. The audience for it is gonna be older for the most part.

Given how well TGL has been doing on weekdays, I expect we could see a similar if not better performance from ABDITN in the weekdays. 

It deserves to do well although Sony do have a bit of an uphill struggle OS as Mr Rogers isn't known at all but I suspect they knew this when budgeting the film.

Edited by Jonwo