Eric Atreides

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND THREAD | Frozen 85.25 3-Day, 123.75 5-Day. Thanksgiving record! | KO 27/41.7, FvF 13.2/19, ABDITN 11.8/17.3, Q&S 11.7/15.8 | BLACK FRIDAY SALE UNTIL SUNDAY - GOLD ACCOUNTS 25% OFF

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

Would have hit it if not for the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight. :ph34r:

#neverForget

2 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

What stopped it from having legs after the fight? If it was hurt opening weekend why didn't it have a much softer drop in it's second weekend?

People stayed home in the 2nd weekend for their weekly rewatch of the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight, duh.

• Haha 4

It’s actually fine that AoU flopped with #2 OW and #5 WW, because it was the 2nd worst Avengers movie anyway.   

Spoiler

Sorry, sorry, couldn’t help myself. Please direct any serious responses to the fanboy thread. Or just don’t give a serious response, because I am only 30% serious or so.

Edited by Arendelle Legion
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

It’s actually fine that AoU flopped with #2 OW and #5 WW, because it was the 2nd worst Avengers movie anyway.   

Hide contents

Sorry, sorry, couldn’t help myself. Please direct any serious responses to the fanboy thread. Or just don’t give a serious response, because I am only 30% serious or so.

yeah i mean , you would expect that age of ultron, would have made double that , it didnt even return profit, though the lion king and last jedi are way bigger flops

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Hide contents

2nd place is the first loser

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, john2000 said:

yeah i mean , you would expect that age of ultron, would have made double that , it didnt even return profit, though the lion king and last jedi are way bigger flops

Biggest flop is that last Avengers film, it was so forgettable I don't even remember the name. Didn't even get 1 billion domestic. What a fucking terrible run.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

Age of Ultron likely is better then your typical summer blockbuster if you think about it.

The issue is people expected much more.

Of course it is, it's the best film of all time...Citizen Kane Schmitizen Kane.

On a more serious note, I enjoy it but find it nowhere near the rest of the Avengers films.

I think Age of Ultron is watchable but it's nothing special. It has some really good moments but unfortunately it has some really bad ones as well. Ultron being a "funny" villian didn't work for me, the Hulk and Widow flirtation was lame and I hated the response to Man of Steel ending.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

That feeling when everyone is talking about how much Age of Ultron sucks, and I can’t join in the Fun, cause I remember I am mod now.

sad ben affleck GIF

Never stopped @Water Bottle from smacktalking things he didn't like. :ph34r:

The trick is to just do it in like, a respectful manner.

Just think of it as a challenge. ;)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Just think of it as a challenge. ;)

That scene where Sam and Steve talked about "home" and stared lovingly into each other's eyes was very nice.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Omg there's all these interesting movies to track. Please stop talking about Marvel. They all suck. They're all forgettable. There's no reason to talk about them now. Even the "good" ones, like Black Panther, are utterly forgettable the second you step out the theatre, because they were engineered by committee. Enough. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 5

2 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Omg there's all these interesting movies to track. Please stop talking about Marvel. They all suck. They're all forgettable. There's no reason to talk about them now. Even the "good" ones, like Black Panther, are utterly forgettable the second you step out the theatre, because they were engineered by committee. Enough. 

You are so cool and edgy.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

People will and can talk about whatever they want. You don't like the conversation then don't be a part of it. The only thing people have had enough of, is your continuous bashing of Marvel. We get it, you have a hate boner for it, move on! For a person who claims to dislike something, you sure do spend an inordinate amount of time talking about it. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 3