Eric Atreides

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND THREAD | Frozen 85.25 3-Day, 123.75 5-Day. Thanksgiving record! | KO 27/41.7, FvF 13.2/19, ABDITN 11.8/17.3, Q&S 11.7/15.8 | BLACK FRIDAY SALE UNTIL SUNDAY - GOLD ACCOUNTS 25% OFF

Moderation

Just gonna nip this in the bud right here. Any Scorsese/Marvel stuff is not allowed in this thread. Regardless of your stance on the matter, we don't need this here, nor do we need to start resorting to backhanded remarks or insults.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Sorry 😌

I'm so happy Frozen 2 is making buckets and buckets of money.

Also, while I probably won't see it because the movie doesn't look like my kind of thing, I'm glad that Knives Out might do well. You could probably pair it with Ready or Not at a home viewing party in a few months.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Charlie says F2 is coming in at the higher end of the range....what is that range again? We talking $14M or $16M?

I assumed they meant the 13-14 range. Higher and they’d probably make a bigger deal about the update.

4 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

I assumed they meant the 13-14 range. Higher and they’d probably make a bigger deal about the update.

Gotcha. Makes sense.

Either way I think we're going to see a huge jump on Friday. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

:bravo:

It's going to be a big WOM hit methinks. My crowd loved it.

Yeah, super receptive crowd when I saw it on Tuesday. It's a movie that lends itself well to vocal reactions (laughing, gasping, cheering, clapping) but the audience wasn't SO vocal that it got annoying.

After a year of seeing so many would-be crowd-pleasers not really play to much of a crowd, I'm really rooting for Knives Out to find a big audience at the box office. Even a fairly small Wednesday afternoon crowd was tons of fun to watch it with; I can't imagine how wild it would be with a full house.

10 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

After a year of seeing so many would-be crowd-pleasers not really play to much of a crowd, I'm really rooting for Knives Out to find a big audience at the box office. Even a fairly small Wednesday afternoon crowd was tons of fun to watch it with; I can't imagine how wild it would be with a full house.

The degree of flopping of CA still shocks me lol. I know it would flop somehow but not the kind of super flopping it is getting now.

I saw KO just now. About 30% full and I thought it was very good. Cast was great and story was good albeit predictable. Evans had the meme worthy scenes for sure.

That said I dont see it being a major player at Oscars. its not ground breaking movie and I dont see any of the cast worthy of nomination as well. Still great time at a Plex for sure. Its definitely making 100m domestic and should do well in several OS markets as well with good cast.

All of my family went to see Frozen 2 so I ended up seeing it.

For what it’s worth I actually enjoyed it overall.  A cute children’s film with great animation, some fun songs and a hysterically hammy showstopper from Jonathan Groff.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1